highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just wanted to finally introduce myself since signing up as a supporting vendor here at the HondaSXSclub forum. The information below is what I posted on my website blog and later incorporated in the "Our Story" page on the website. It's a good representation of who we are as a company and as enthusiasts of the ATV sport. Appreciate all the customer support from those who have purchased from us and future customers.

It took a long time but over the last year I have finally realized my gift of influence on purchases friends make on vehicles, parts, and accessories. I have literally connected more people with new and used vehicles than our local dealership!

Since I was a kid in the 80s, when Honda was “king”, ATVs have always fascinated me. My family was always Honda back then and to a degree still today. Growing up, all we ever had were utility/hunting ATVs. If you couldn't use an ATV for work you didn’t need it. But this little boy always dreamed of having a legendary TRX250R or the mighty ATC350X with those super cool dual headlights. By college age all that Honda offered was the TRX250X. Then once finally finished with college I was able to buy a brand new 1996 TRX300EX! Life was great! Then it got greater when I met my would-be wife who also rode a TRX300EX. And still greater as our two daughters have grown to ride along with us!

As you can see I’ve been involved in this ATV market since I was a kid. Although the machines have changed and new manufacturers have entered the arena. My own family has grown and I’m still fascinated with riding these machines.

The sport side by side vehicles have revolutionized the way families play together in a good way because now parents can take their kids riding with them safely buckled in and surrounded by a roll cage.

My goal with this business is to is to focus on the families like mine out there in the UTV world. We play together. We don’t need the biggest lift kit, biggest mud tires, or most elaborate accessories. We just want to ride all day and make it back to the truck! The focus of 10-80 Dirt Sports will be on maintenance items, parts, and tools that will help the DIY dads like me (and shade tree mechanics) keep all the family machines working in tip top condition. Using my interest in the industry to locate parts that I would use myself, then I’ll be able to share info with others and make these parts available.

The grander dream is that this very small business grows into a full blown dealership, where we can match people to the products that meet their needs and goals. My dealership would be a social center, as much as a place of business, where people could connect. Life is about making memories together and that's what 10-80 Dirt Sports will promote.

IMG 2140

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Just wanted to finally introduce myself since signing up as a supporting vendor here at the HondaSXSclub forum. The information below is what I posted on my website blog and later incorporated in the "Our Story" page on the website. It's a good representation of who we are as a company and as enthusiasts of the ATV sport. Appreciate all the customer support from those who have purchased from us and future customers.

It took a long time but over the last year I have finally realized my gift of influence on purchases friends make on vehicles, parts, and accessories. I have literally connected more people with new and used vehicles than our local dealership!

Since I was a kid in the 80s, when Honda was “king”, ATVs have always fascinated me. My family was always Honda back then and to a degree still today. Growing up, all we ever had were utility/hunting ATVs. If you couldn't use an ATV for work you didn’t need it. But this little boy always dreamed of having a legendary TRX250R or the mighty ATC350X with those super cool dual headlights. By college age all that Honda offered was the TRX250X. Then once finally finished with college I was able to buy a brand new 1996 TRX300EX! Life was great! Then it got greater when I met my would-be wife who also rode a TRX300EX. And still greater as our two daughters have grown to ride along with us!

As you can see I’ve been involved in this ATV market since I was a kid. Although the machines have changed and new manufacturers have entered the arena. My own family has grown and I’m still fascinated with riding these machines.

The sport side by side vehicles have revolutionized the way families play together in a good way because now parents can take their kids riding with them safely buckled in and surrounded by a roll cage.

My goal with this business is to is to focus on the families like mine out there in the UTV world. We play together. We don’t need the biggest lift kit, biggest mud tires, or most elaborate accessories. We just want to ride all day and make it back to the truck! The focus of 10-80 Dirt Sports will be on maintenance items, parts, and tools that will help the DIY dads like me (and shade tree mechanics) keep all the family machines working in tip top condition. Using my interest in the industry to locate parts that I would use myself, then I’ll be able to share info with others and make these parts available.

The grander dream is that this very small business grows into a full blown dealership, where we can match people to the products that meet their needs and goals. My dealership would be a social center, as much as a place of business, where people could connect. Life is about making memories together and that's what 10-80 Dirt Sports will promote.

View attachment 197052
WAS king ?

Reactions: Isaiah
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Well, at one time Honda was doing what Polaris and Can-am are doing now...leading the pack!! Honda has been dragging up the rear for a long time. We were very disappointed that they took 11 years to answer the RZR! No doubt Honda still makes great machines, but with no RZR competitor, they didn't have anything we wanted to own until the Talon.

Sales tell a story and at least back in 2016 Polaris was outselling it's nearest competitor 5 to 1! That was Ranger, not even RZR. And their nearest competitor...was John Deere!!

If I'd been waiting for Honda to make a RZR I'd have missed a lot of riding in 11 years! Honda's fault, not mine, that they didn't make anything sporty for us. Now they have to play big time catch-up in market with many players.

2018 projected sales is best info i could find
Screenshot 2020 04 15 Global side by side ATV market share outlook 2018 Statista

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@highpocket74 cool story, sort of sounds familiar.
Maybe one day we can sit around a camp fire (at the Takeover) and compare notes, if this pandemic ever lets us out of the house again.

And your right, in one way of characterizing it JD is second in the SxS market.
Or you could say everyone else is a distant last place.
You own a Popo so I will spare you the rant. :rolleyes:
(So is that the daughter in the ACE in your home page header? Families having fun together trumps brand loyalty any day)
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the club!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That's the family and in-laws riding at Mount Magazine last April. We were supposed to be there this week with a bunch of other friends but had to Corona cancel. No one was happy.

The aces work perfectly for my two daughters. Sporty, single seat in the center, and mom's favorite...the roll cage! One of my riding buddies bought one for his son also. So most people have never seen even 1 ace on the trails but when we ride together we have 3 aces in total!

Already started conversations with the wife about me and her dad going to Takeover next year. Possibly some other friends too. Maybe setup a booth with some Honda stuff.

I often tell friends that want to ride with us, doesn't matter what you have as long as you ride it. We have all kinds of machines ride with us. It's all good fun!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!