P1000 Overhead stereo

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can someone give me the inside measurements of the roll cage on a p1k5? Needing side to side and front to back on front section and back sections of cage. I haven't picked up my pioneer yet and have some free time and could get started on the stereo build. Also how much room is between the Honda hard top and top of cage? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can someone give me the inside measurements of the roll cage on a p1k5? Needing side to side and front to back on front section and back sections of cage. I haven't picked up my pioneer yet and have some free time and could get started on the stereo build. Also how much room is between the Honda hard top and top of cage? Thanks in advance.
I would but I'm at work right now if somebody else doesn't before I get home I'll measure it

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would but I'm at work right now if somebody else doesn't before I get home I'll measure it

Thanks. I probably should wait til it's home but it's hard with free time and would like to have it done so I can mount it soon as it gets home. Lol

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I probably should wait til it's home but it's hard with free time and would like to have it done so I can mount it soon as it gets home. Lol
You can make the box and leave the brackets a little long and trim them down to get it to fit good .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

This is mine for idea's

Nice. My idea is similar but doing boss reciever, 6 - 6.5" boss 3 way speakers, a boss amp and 2 - 8" subs. Thinking stereo and switch panel pretty much like yours, 2 6.5's front corners angled back at front seats and middle, 2 6.5's in corners above front seat angled forward and middle, the 2 8's in middle behind roll bar either straight down or angled into one another, 2 6.5's in back corners angled forward and middle with amp mounted in middle of back section.with color partially hidden color changing lights worked in somehow around perimeter. Might do 8's more toward outside and leave room for something else in middle. Maybe 10" or 12"?? This is what's in my head right now anyway. Subject to change who knows how many times. Lol

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You can make the box and leave the brackets a little long and trim them down to get it to fit good .

I thought about that but I think I want the gap between the box and bars to be minimal hopefully look more "factory" than something added. Idk.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice. My idea is similar but doing boss reciever, 6 - 6.5" boss 3 way speakers, a boss amp and 2 - 8" subs. Thinking stereo and switch panel pretty much like yours, 2 6.5's front corners angled back at front seats and middle, 2 6.5's in corners above front seat angled forward and middle, the 2 8's in middle behind roll bar either straight down or angled into one another, 2 6.5's in back corners angled forward and middle with amp mounted in middle of back section.with color partially hidden color changing lights worked in somehow around perimeter. Might do 8's more toward outside and leave room for something else in middle. Maybe 10" or 12"?? This is what's in my head right now anyway. Subject to change who knows how many times. Lol
Post picks when you get it done would like to see.

Reactions: O2bsmitty
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how did you mount the console to the roll bar
You can kind of see it in this pic I made like a clamp bracket front and rear Bac6edaefe9c0f95576ca51e0c9e657b

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cage to hard roof on middle bar 1.5" can't get any other good measurements because my speaker boxes are in the way :(

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Cage to hard roof on middle bar 1.5" can't get any other good measurements because my speaker boxes are in the way :(

How about inside measurements of bars from side to side and front to middle and middle to back?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about inside measurements of bars from side to side and front to middle and middle to back?
Side to side I can't get because of my speaker box I'll try to do front to back in the morning

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Side to side I can't get because of my speaker box I'll try to do front to back in the morning

This is mine for idea's

This is front section base coated and equipment. Got to do some "smoothing" to do to it and figure out leds. Should get back section Built today 2 6.5's and 2 8's are going in it. How did you run your wires from battery. I'm going to mount my second battery under the seat, is there any way to run it inside the middle cage post? Don't really want wires exposed.
IMG 1284
IMG 1285
IMG 1286
IMG 1287

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is front section base coated and equipment. Got to do some "smoothing" to do to it and figure out leds. Should get back section Built today 2 6.5's and 2 8's are going in it. How did you run your wires from battery. I'm going to mount my second battery under the seat, is there any way to run it inside the middle cage post? Don't really want wires exposed. View attachment 71275View attachment 71276View attachment 71277View attachment 71278
Looking good Honda is home need any measurements

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking good Honda is home need any measurements

What does it measure from mid cross bar to back cross bar?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I revamped the front section today and got the back section built if it's the right size. Now just waiting on the components.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is a 16' don't know if that matters

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!