p-2 fabric rear panel

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Ordered a fabric rear panel for my p-2. reading the installation instructions there was a notice that says (This accessory will create the need for more frequent air cleaner maintenance. Service the air cleaner daily when operating in dusty conditions )Does anyone know why that would be? Does blocking off behind the cab create a suction in that area? Also FYI for anyone who orderd a Graphics kit they are not going to release them. I guess they have a problem with the adhesive not sticking to the rough surfaces . My Honda parts person got this straight from the Honda rep in charge of accessories. I needed to pick out something else or get a refund that's why I ordered the back panel. Thought it would help keep the dust down in the cab with my roof and windshield on.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Nobody has any ideas why the air cleaner would suck in more dust with the back panel on?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Elk, somehow I missed this post.

Yes a windshield or back panel creates a low pressure area behind it at speed as air is compressed into a high pressure area in front of it. This low pressure area then draws surrounding air into it to equalize itself. Thus drawing in anything that is in the air which since it is drawing from behind the machine has a large amount of dust.

I have on order a windshield, mid and rear panel for my p4. To keep the dust to a minimum.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Maybe an aftermarket pre filter may be in order?

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Speaking of the air intake...anybody seen a snorkel kit or at least something that raises the intake about another foot or better?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
What would be a better pre filter than the Hondas and where can I get one?

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Without being in front of my 2, I would think you might be able to modify a Vacuum cleaner HEPA filter to wrap around the intake.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!