P 500 plow options ?

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Just curious, has anyone put a plow on the their P-500 yet? I have a 72" Warn plow on my Pioneer 700-4 that works great, however,it's a real PITA getting in and out to turn the blade angle manually. I just ordered a P-500 for my company; for use as a facilities / campus maintenance machine. With the low range gearing and bottom end torque, I believe the P-500 should be able to push a 60" plow just fine. We asked our local Honda powerhouse dealer to install a plow system that also had side to side blade turning controls (preferably hydraulic). The dealer claims he found a Warn plow system that is hydraulic for moving the blade side to side? I haven't seen this system before and wondered if anyone else has a Warn plow that uses a hydraulic system? I can't find anything on the Web and want to make sure the system is worth the extra cost? If there is a good hydraulic blade turn system for a Warn plow, I will also have one installed on my P-700.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, Warn does not recommend (or warranty) the use of their New Pro pivot system on UTV's - designed for ATV use only. I have not found anything on Web as option for pivoting the larger 60" to 72" UTV mounted Pro-Vantage WARN plows? I'm hoping there is hydraulic turn kit out there somewhere that will bolt on to the Warn Pro-Vantage UTV push tubes and plows?

C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
Meyer has an automatic "self angling" blade that senses the snow load on the blade and angles in the direction of the heaviest (most resistance against the blade) load. It can also be manually adjusted for angle if desired. It's made for UTV's and is another alternative to adding some sort of power unit.
It's here: http://www.meyerproducts.com/plows/pathprolightutv.aspx

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!