Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next phone call should be your insurance company.

Reactions: swsebek
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well....bad news. Honda says they are not covering the engine! So if anyone needs a low mileage, shiny, only driven to church on Sunday, boat anchor! Just lmk thanks! :mad:

WOW!!!!
That really stinks.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What was the reason for not covering it?

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Yea called my insurance company and filed a claim with them, dealer says i would have around 9k in parts/labor to rebuild engine. I’m sure the trans took a hit also when engine went so there ain’t no telling what that would cost on top of the 9k. Insurance totals out at around 70% of total cost and I’m prob gonna be over that. So this might be my last Honda sxs purchase.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

What was the reason for not covering it?
They told me that Honda said the CB shaft broke due to hydro locking the engine. Which I’ve never done. The only thing that has taken in water on it was the fuel tank vent line before i extended the line

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They told me that Honda said the CB shaft broke due to hydro locking the engine. Which I’ve never done. The only thing that has taken in water on it was the fuel tank vent line before i extended the line
Did they find traces of water in the oil? If there was no trace of water in the engine how can they say that?

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Did they find traces of water in the oil? If there was no trace of water in the engine how can they say that?
Nope no milky oil or nothing! Told me that thru pictures Honda told them it was due to hydro locking....them japs must be some smart damn people to tell that thru pics! So idk, i love my pioneer but i highly doubt i will go back with another one. Either a teryx 4 seater or ranger xp i guess

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope no milky oil or nothing! Told me that thru pictures Honda told them it was due to hydro locking....them japs must be some smart damn people to tell that thru pics! So idk, i love my pioneer but i highly doubt i will go back with another one. Either a teryx 4 seater or ranger xp i guess
That’s some BS. If you wouldn’t have had insurance they prob would have covered it.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

That’s some BS. If you wouldn’t have had insurance they prob would have covered it.
Yea I’m sure it’s hondas way of blaming it on owner operator and not themselves for not recalling some early 16 units for cb shaft issues

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

Yea called my insurance company and filed a claim with them, dealer says i would have around 9k in parts/labor to rebuild engine. I’m sure the trans took a hit also when engine went so there ain’t no telling what that would cost on top of the 9k. Insurance totals out at around 70% of total cost and I’m prob gonna be over that. So this might be my last Honda sxs purchase.
Insurance covers engine damage?

Reactions: Remington
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda only leaves you with one option.:( And it's probably why so many have burnt to a crisp.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
T

texcoonazz

Jan 15, 2018
Coldspring, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for posting your story. Should there be others in the future they will find this link and add to their arguement when approaching Honda. It might not help you but if it happens again to someone else it could help them. My advice would be to look for other avenues to post your complaint and wage a campaign. I am sure there are federal boards where this is applicable. NTSB might be a good start as this could have caused an accident. If nothing else get this documented in as many places as possible. Like I said it might not help you but could someone else.

I went thru something similar with Mama Kaw. I called Kawasaki and they told me this was the first time they heard of anyone with an issue like mine. Told me I prob installed my bag incorrectly and that it was on me. I posted my story and not only heard DOZENS of other similar stories I found out that the same guy that had told me the company line had talked with half a dozen others in the months before. Total Liar. We started filling complaints with the NTSB and with in a month I get a call from the useless dealer telling me to bring my bike in. The dealer was instructed by Mama Kaw to call me immediately and replace both bags and locks. Shortly after there was a recall on my bike model to correct the issue.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
A couple years ago I had an issue with Ram trucks screwing me and likely thousands of others over. When I told them I was contacting my state’s attorney general I started getting calls from “The Office of the President”. Just a thought...

D

Deleted member 3748

I think @kswaterfowler is right. I'd keep on them if you truly didn't sink it.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have not read this entire thread but I would be calling one of the lemon law lawyers just to see if it is something they would consider taking. You pay nothing if they do. They collect from the manufacturer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!