P500 P500 Door Latch Problem Fixed - Video

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I had the opposite problem on the passenger door. There are two latch points on the door when you shut it, and mine was hitting the pad in a manner that it would not let the second latch catch. A minor adjustment on the pad allowed the door to catch the second latch point.
So I didn't know until about 1 week ago that there are two latch points. On my driver's side it always hits the second latch point because the loop wasn't hitting either rubber stop pad. On the passenger side it's aligned perfectly with the pads, so it was stopping at the first latch point. Then I discovered last week that if I pressed hard on the latch it would latch again even tighter - the second latch point. So now I just close the passenger door harder and it goes straight to the second latch point. Bottom line, now that both doors latch tight, I don't have to listen to them both rattling. Life is good.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!