P1000 Paddle shifter issue

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Surprisingly nothing came up under search which means maybe I'm the only one?

I don't use it much in fact I don't think I've ever really used it except to check it out when I first bought it. Today I was feeling wild and crazy and took it down the trail but the left shifter won't bounce back.

You can pull it and it will downshift but then it just stays in that position and you have to manually push it back, as if there is a spring in there or something that's come loose.

Any ideas before I take it apart?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Surprisingly nothing came up under search which means maybe I'm the only one?

I don't use it much in fact I don't think I've ever really used it except to check it out when I first bought it. Today I was feeling wild and crazy and took it down the trail but the left shifter won't bounce back.

You can pull it and it will downshift but then it just stays in that position and you have to manually push it back, as if there is a spring in there or something that's come loose.

Any ideas before I take it apart?
There have been a few issues with the paddles...some the bolt was to tight. Id say a shot of 3 in 1 oil will probably cure your issue.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd bet your lack of use has allowed it to get crud in there and freeze it up. Last 12 months or so I use mine exclusively. Mine hasnt shifted in auto since.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually it's quite the complicated set up for something as simple as a paddle shifter.

But it's a much deeper issue than WD-40. I have it somewhat disassembled now and just can't figure out why it's not popping back in place.

Everything is hooked up right, everything looks identical to the other side that does work. Yet? Once you pull it up it stays there.

Quite the mystery

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually you can scratch the above. Well, it's still a mystery, but I put everything back together and it suddenly started working again. Who knows. Maybe WD-40 needed time to penetrate some of the hidden areas after all :)

Reactions: joeymt33 and pct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!