Paddle shifter modifactions

O

Ornametals

Feb 14, 2015
Looking to by p500. But I'm in a wheel chair and will require to drive with hand controls and spinner knob. This will interfere with the shifting process because my hands are busy. I'm not sure of how the controls work
(Cables or electric) would it possible to move paddles and or change paddle its self to a better location for my needs. Like the sxs and price but going with rzr may be best.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello Ornametals,
Welcome to the community.

The shift system on the 500 is electric. It could be changed to almost any type of electronic contact switch one could find. Each is composed of a single ground wire loop and when it makes connection it engages the gear shift motor to change UP or DOWN.

One could change it to a (on)off(on) monetary switch, or two monetary push buttons in the floor board.
If you plan to control the gas and brakes with hand controls, I could see a thumb switch on top of one of the levers allowing control.

Your other concern would be the reverse. It is mechanical, via a wire, and requires you to pull a lever with your right hand while engaging the left paddle. Yet, this can be nulled out to a "always on" state or connected to the brake somehow.

With the limited info you provide above, I can not recommend the P500 manual over a fully automatic. Yet, I have seen some inspirational, life challenged individuals, accomplish tasks I could never thought possible.

I wish you Happy Trails and please post any questions you have, We will try our best to get you the answer.
C-ya on the trail.

Reactions: Geoff
O

Ornametals

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for the info. I like the p5 and the price due to I can mainly see it being used to deer hunt and some recreational riding when towing my trailer that's aslo why I want the 50" class sxs so it fits in my truck. It may be best to spend the extra money for the rzr. I just want to explore all the options and make the best choice with as much info I can get. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: Geoff

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!