Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Bought mine 4 weeks ago, wife is still pissed. First trip out heat was bad. Went back to the dealership and let them know I wasn't happy, they bought and installed a heat shield under the seat at no cost, took care of the steam flash. I have been staying in close contact about the defect, they have told me that Honda is working on a solution at no cost to the consumer. As it is this is a winter use machine. I hope when/if they come up with a solution heat will be an option in the winter.

Reactions: joeymt33
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes heat has been an issue but more and more are installing 4" marine blowers aimed at the headers and claim the heat issue solved. I was about to do it but summer is over in Northen Minnesota and now we enjoy the heat. I really like my P1-5.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand Honda's 1st attempt failed with the rubber under the seat. Has anyone heard anything on what might be there 2d try? I have heard nothing.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand Honda's 1st attempt failed with the rubber under the seat. Has anyone heard anything on what might be there 2d try? I have heard nothing.
I think the heat sheild many of us purchased from a member buyourownbeer is way better than ruber sheild. I had noticable results after my instal.

Reactions: Delton and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the heat sheild many of us purchased from a member buyourownbeer is way better than ruber sheild. I had noticable results after my instal.
I have that along with 2 blowers and I consider problem solved. It still gets warm on hot days but I am sitting on top of an engine lol. Before long I'm gonna be turning those blowers around so they blow on my legs lol

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess it's matter of opinion but I don't think it's unbearable. I was riding with Joey last week in 80ish degree weather and some of it was crawling over some rocks. Now running through water did produce some steam that got very hot for a few seconds. I also plan to do some insulating to cool it down. I'm spending thousands on other accessories, guess I can spend few bucks on some practical mods lol.
I've been doing the same thing... dumping cash at accessories. We were out yesterday for most of the day, probably in the low 70's and didn't find the heat to be an issue. I'm going to insulate as many on this board have. If I wanted an air conditioned vehicle, I would not have bought this machine. Also, I did significant research and knew of this issue along before writing a check for the P1000.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!