Paulf gauge relocate

volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Got my relocate done finally. Paul’s stuff is good. Everything fit well. Thanks to Terry for the video, it really helped.
F660297F 3476 4F85 A809 63EA9CB3B7CF
4F097D16 5F83 4779 AFC9 6941F5182FEB

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Got my relocate done finally. Paul’s stuff is good. Everything fit well. Thanks to Terry for the video, it really helped.
View attachment 251853View attachment 251854
Can I get the video? I bought one of Paul's relocate kit. I think I missed something on the install. Would love to finish this up. Any helping tips would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Adam

M

Mobby

Aug 11, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
Terry, as usual nice video. You said something about posting links?

Looking for link to order.

Reactions: TerryH
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Paul’s kits are sold out. There is another member making a relocation kit now but I can’t tell you off the top of my head who it is.

Reactions: Mopower58
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X

Thanks and here's the link to the kits that are available.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have found the 3D plans to "print" the Gauge cover to relocate it onto the steering column and I watched Terry's YopuTube instructions (all his videos are worth watching). I am not, however, finding what I want in the place where Honda originally placed the Gauge unit. I do nopt want a blank plate, not do I need a place for more switches. What I would like, is to add a Rugged Radio & intercom system in that space. I know there is a Rugged Radio installation plate for the space below but I'd like to keep that (as I use it) and would like to place the Rugged system in to space above where the speedometer is factory installed. Does anyone sell (or better yet have 3D printer plans) to complete this modification?? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have found the 3D plans to "print" the Gauge cover to relocate it onto the steering column and I watched Terry's YopuTube instructions (all his videos are worth watching). I am not, however, finding what I want in the place where Honda originally placed the Gauge unit. I do nopt want a blank plate, not do I need a place for more switches. What I would like, is to add a Rugged Radio & intercom system in that space. I know there is a Rugged Radio installation plate for the space below but I'd like to keep that (as I use it) and would like to place the Rugged system in to space above where the speedometer is factory installed. Does anyone sell (or better yet have 3D printer plans) to complete this modification?? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!
@Tramguage1 has that set up. Maybe he can post pics

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Tramguage1 has that set up. Maybe he can post pics
Thanks! If @Tramguage1 can post pix, that would be great!! I received a reply from Avenger Motorsports when I asked them about it and was told that the Cross Member (tube) is in the way for a mount in the place of the factory speedometer location. If that's true, then I'd like to put a cubby box in that spot and I'll place the radios below. I'm certain I can't be the first or only person looking to do this.....

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
A rugged radio won't fit where the speedo was. not enough depth. they do make a radio that will fit. but not a rugged. Amazon.com
will fit though.
I have NOT done this mod. but I was looking for a place for a radio when I relocated my gauge and saw that I had enough room if I used the radio from my pioneer.
I added a VOswitch panel in that location and installed a radio and rugged intercom below. where the rugged install kit puts them.

Reactions: BobFarrell
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
A rugged radio won't fit where the speedo was. not enough depth. they do make a radio that will fit. but not a rugged. Amazon.com
will fit though.
I have NOT done this mod. but I was looking for a place for a radio when I relocated my gauge and saw that I had enough room if I used the radio from my pioneer.
I added a VOswitch panel in that location and installed a radio and rugged intercom below. where the rugged install kit puts them.
This is helpful! Thank you!! If I have to move the radio to the cubby below, any idea who might have the 3D plans to build a cubby where the Speedo was????

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
This is helpful! Thank you!! If I have to move the radio to the cubby below, any idea who might have the 3D plans to build a cubby where the Speedo was????
no one that I know of yet. it's wouldn't take much to draw one up. but I'd image there would need to be more of a demand than a one off for such an item.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
no one that I know of yet. it's wouldn't take much to draw one up. but I'd image there would need to be more of a demand than a one off for such an item.
Agreed and understood..... I can print 3D but I've got no idea how to create the required file. Thanks!

Reactions: Smitty335
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m looking hard at that Comsole they have. I think I’m going to go with the GMSR radio though. I can’t grasp the Ham stuff. May bring and sell my TYT 8600 at TO.

Sent from my iPhone
If you get this radio with Thecom system it can be programmed, the other radio they offer is locked to the frequencies that are preloaded.

I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!