Talon Gauge Relocated

PRF

PRF

Mar 31, 2019
New River, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Attacked mine this weekend. A pain in the neck process. Thanks Mn6r for helping me find the screws. Since I was adding some USB & DC outlets, and mounting a GPS, I decided to un-fasten my dash and tilt it up to get better access (6 million screws & rivets). I un-taped most of the harness and used the supplied extension cable to extend the 12 volt accessory plug. After doing this I was able to route the gauge connector to the new location without swapping the switches. I wasted a lot of time figuring out how to unplug the connectors. Does anyone know if this is covered in the Honda Shop Manual? The new gauge position is so much better plus it allowed me to locate the GPS where I wanted to.

How do you unplug the gauge? Do I peel back the rubber boot? Any tips on unplugging the other connectors? Thanks!!

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
How do you unplug the gauge? Do I peel back the rubber boot? Any tips on unplugging the other connectors? Thanks!!

Pull back the rubber boot then I believe there is a part on the connector to push on to release. It will be obvious.

I didn't unplug any other switch or 12v. outlet connectors.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
After driving @my99svt R this weekend, cluster relocation moved to top of the list.

Reactions: TripleB
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Is anyone making the cluster mount anymore I am interested

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!