People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Those high torso bars on the auto models were enough for me to get rid of mine!

Reactions: 100Acre
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I think I would have used electrical tape to hold it on there. There is nothing like dragging your arm across the ends of those tie wraps cut off like that, works just like a paper shredder. I need to put some more on my 700 also, in rough terrain I'm always bumping my elbow on that son of a gun.
The problem we have with electrical tape here in Central Florida is the heat. The tape gets all sticky and then all over you. Some duck tapes do the same. I just use ties now. I found this out padding my climbing tree stands. If anyone has a better idea I sure would like to hear it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem we have with electrical tape here in Central Florida is the heat. The tape gets all sticky and then all over you. Some duck tapes do the same. I just use ties now. I found this out padding my climbing tree stands. If anyone has a better idea I sure would like to hear it.
Try the tesa fabric tape.

Reactions: rtn001
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: rtn001
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is this Turf mode you speak of?
Basically a single rear wheel pulling, much like a car to protect grass and gravel drives. But, it’s not available on the P5.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
This is what I have been using the last few years to wrap harnesses. They have a higher grade to be used in engine compartments. It might be the wiser choice for you in your climate. I'll try and find an Amazon link for you.
Regular tape: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XPDVER2/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Underhood Tape: https://www.amazon.com/Tesa-Highest-Quality-Engine-Compartment/dp/B016ZMXLEI/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Thanks again. I found it on Amazon also. I'll give it a try.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What is this Turf mode you speak of?
Lol. What Monte said. Open diff in the rear witha locker. Unless you’re in the yard or in the blacktop it’s usually pretty useless imo. Gives better turn radius when you don’t need the traction.

riderpilot

riderpilot

Mar 28, 2019
Southern VA
Ownership

1. 500
Lol. What Monte said. Open diff in the rear witha locker. Unless you’re in the yard or in the blacktop it’s usually pretty useless imo. Gives better turn radius when you don’t need the traction.
I have been trying to decide between the Pioneer 500 and the Polaris 500/570 with the main thing I LIKE about the Polaris being the turf mode. If I could get that on the Pioneer it would be no contest. I am not trying to buy a 1000 to get it. I know I am going to use this around my house and on the lawn and I am really trying to avoid tearing it up as much as possible.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been trying to decide between the Pioneer 500 and the Polaris 500/570 with the main thing I LIKE about the Polaris being the turf mode. If I could get that on the Pioneer it would be no contest. I am not trying to buy a 1000 to get it. I know I am going to use this around my house and on the lawn and I am really trying to avoid tearing it up as much as possible.
Well got to be honest, around the yard locked rear end is brutal. It can be done with mellow tires and big turns. Personally I can’t stand Polaris with reason but that’s another story. If I HAD to buy Polaris it would be the 570 though, I believe it’s the most dependable but it’s sure not a Honda.if you’re already somewhat considering a 1000 but price point which is understandable then maybe used?

Reactions: Mudwing
G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I have Mud Lites on mine. I do not turn on my lawn unless I want to reseed. We rode the gas line last Sunday with a 570 Polaris and he went everywhere The P5 went and I only had to pull him out once.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the forum @riderpilot . Have had several Polaris and Hondas. The higher RPMs with a CVT is a dislike compared to the Honda geared transmission. The P500 seat is very nice for in and out chores, like a golf cart. As said above, if I had such concerns of mostly yard use with very occasional trail riding, a set of smoother thread rear tires/rims is an option and doesn’t take long to change wheels back for trail riding, especially with the new battery powered impact wrenches and Atv jack. Guess it depends on the intended use. If I had to choose just one between my current Polaris or Honda, would keep the P500 based on mechanical dependability/design. But just my opinion. Good luck.

mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500
C5DD3004 C8C8 4D74 ABB6 943B0631A504
C16C44F8 4596 4D42 9DF1 990EC019ECD1
I rapped my side bars with foam and covered them with vinyl.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!