P500 Phone mount

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everybody, want to give a bit of attention to this new phone mount called Instant Latch. It's made by a local guy near me that's just started selling them. Used my p5 as a test mule for fit and finish, now its ready for public release. It's made with a carbon fiber and plastic mix and has magnets embedded in it that are super strong. Has a plate you put inside your phone case and holds it in place. Haven't had it on the trails yet but it seems like it isn't going anywhere. There's a video on his site of one in action in the dunes somewhere. He has several different styles too for different placements, but the one in mine fits perfect next to the speedo. Or anywhere else you would want to put it on the dash. Instant Latch | Magnetic Cell Phone Mount for Extreme Motorsports & Commercial Vehicles his name is Mark Larson.

20180922 153935 20180922 153955 20180922 154002

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Remington
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everybody, want to give a bit of attention to this new phone mount called Instant Latch. It's made by a local guy near me that's just started selling them. Used my p5 as a test mule for fit and finish, now its ready for public release. It's made with a carbon fiber and plastic mix and has magnets embedded in it that are super strong. Has a plate you put inside your phone case and holds it in place. Haven't had it on the trails yet but it seems like it isn't going anywhere. There's a video on his site of one in action in the dunes somewhere. He has several different styles too for different placements, but the one in mine fits perfect next to the speedo. Or anywhere else you would want to put it on the dash. Instantlatch.com his name is Mark Larson.

View attachment 87798 View attachment 87799 View attachment 87800
Looks cool! What is everybody else using to hold their phone? I have recently been looking at Ram mounts, but would like some more input from people who have already bought mounted and used different phone mounts / holders. My phone pictures would be awesome!

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Looks cool! What is everybody else using to hold their phone? I have recently been looking at Ram mounts, but would like some more input from people who have already bought mounted and used different phone mounts / holders.

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Looks cool! What is everybody else using to hold their phone? I have recently been looking at Ram mounts, but would like some more input from people who have already bought mounted and used different phone mounts / holders. My phone pictures would be awesome!
Oops, I meant to say it would be awesome if people would post pictures of what they're using, it would give me ideas for where to mount line in the future.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is a 1000, but my ram mount has been rock solid. Love it!
20180922 184939

Reactions: AlR
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oops, I meant to say it would be awesome if people would post pictures of what they're using, it would give me ideas for where to mount line in the future.
I’ve been using Ram Mount for a couple years. Wouldn’t take for it....

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted a Jeep dash grab bar & 2 claw holders + a usb adaptor for charging-works well in good vision for phone or GPS

IMG 3648

C

Chartmarker

Jun 11, 2018
Tucson, Az.
Ownership

1. 500
I but this together so the phone doesn't get so dusty like it did on the dash. I have a Garmin mounted on dash and it get covered with dust. Plus on the roll bar its easier to see the maps.20181005 102800 20181005 102813

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know how well it’s going to work but I bought a quad lock case for my new phone(iPhone 6 had some miles on it and I got old and wanted a bigger screen). RAM doesn’t make a holder that fits an XS Max.

Quadlock.com has a ram ball case so I figured I’d try it since the ram was slow enough I couldn’t grab my phone and take videos or pictures without slowing the whole group down waiting on me to get my phone remounted.

One of my co-works has one and sent me this code for 10% off. QL-FRIEND-3154 but mine hasn’t shown up yet so I’ve got no review for now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!