Pioneer 1000 5 delux fire

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my thoughts exactly when they told me its the first one they ever worked on the clutches with... and its my word against thiers

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who is/was your dealer? I want to get my clutch upgrade and a couple other things done this winter

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I posted it on every social media accoun I have hoping to grab the attention of honda or anyone else going thru the same situation as me and your right honda hasn't made any effort to help. It was my fault for not having it insured but it was a brand new machine with almost 400 miles on the clock. I just assumed it was clutch issues that caused the fire considering I picked it up a few hours prior to the fire with it being in the shop almost a month getting the clutches replaced and rode it for roughly 30 min before catching fire.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's polaris too I feel his pain!!!

Sounds like the dealers fault not Honda. If it was my $15k plus in the toilet he'd have a lawsuit on his hands. If you did have it insured you can bet the insurance company would be going after them.

S

Steven218

Nov 30, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who is/was your dealer? I want to get my clutch upgrade and a couple other things done this winter
Lol go for it!!! It has a complimentary heater upgrade when you deal with beckley honda...
Well I've tried I contacted bbb and attorney General and still no results. All other lawyers won' take the case I guess because there isn't enough money involved and the ones that seem half way interested start off by asking if anyone involved was hurt and when I say no their reply is I'm sorry but there isn't anything we can do..

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol go for it!!! It has a complimentary heater upgrade when you deal with beckley honda...
Well I've tried I contacted bbb and attorney General and still no results. All other lawyers won' take the case I guess because there isn't enough money involved and the ones that seem half way interested start off by asking if anyone involved was hurt and when I say no their reply is I'm sorry but there isn't anything we can do..
Keep trying buddy

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man..i hate it for ya...but this is a.prime example why i tell everyone.i know to keep full coverage insurance. I hope you can get it worked out bud.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Is it a coincidence that the fire appears to be in the same area as where others have posted pics of melted rear passenger floorboardo_O

Reactions: Landman
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Steve I'm very sorry for your situation,It seemed a little troll suspicious when it was posted.If nothing good comes of this then maybe others can learn from this. Everyone you need full coverage insurance.
Steve I hope you get to some kind of help or a break on replacement machine.

I have 3 friends that have the 1000 now and they have no problems with it.
I went with a guy I work with to look at the 700 at the dealership.
The salesman had no Idea what machine we were looking for.
My buddy sat in the 700 delux while the sales man bad mouthed Honda and their clutches.and how he can't sale them now.
He kept trying to shove the Kawasaki at us.
After we left him I went to his sales manager and told them what a low information saleguy he had.His uneducated blabbering about 700 clutches had my friend uneasy about any Honda purchase.
Yes he said the 700 clutcheso_O
This clutch issue is hurting sales on all four models and I believe will delay any chance of a true sport model.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes he said the 700 clutcheso_O
This clutch issue is hurting sales on all four models and I believe will delay any chance of a true sport model.
I've noticed this on FB as well. I guess people hear "Pioneer has clutch issues" and just group them together.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've noticed this on FB as well. I guess people hear "Pioneer has clutch issues" and just group them together.

Hearing inaccurate info from one person on social media vs doing your due diligence.

People are LAZY!

If you don’t do your research it’s an impulse buy. Nothing over @$100 is an impulse buy for me.

Neighbor has a 570 Ranger he went to Multi-Brand dealer to ask about a 1000 because he liked mine, dealer was plenty happy to trash the Honda clutch failing to tell him about the update that fixes it.

Pushed a Polaris on him, without mentioning the 11 pages of FIRE RECALLS on CPSC.gov.

He’s heading out of town to buy a Pioneer 1000-3 EPS at some point in the next few months.

advertisement
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Hearing inaccurate info from one person on social media vs doing your due diligence.

People are LAZY!

If you don’t do your research it’s an impulse buy. Nothing over @$100 is an impulse buy for me.

Neighbor has a 570 Ranger he went to Multi-Brand dealer to ask about a 1000 because he liked mine, dealer was plenty happy to trash the Honda clutch failing to tell him about the update that fixes it.

Pushed a Polaris on him, without mentioning the 11 pages of FIRE RECALLS on CPSC.gov.

He’s heading out of town to buy a Pioneer 1000-3 EPS at some point in the next few months.
Perhaps the dealer margins are better on a Polaris and the sales person gets a better commission check and doesn't give a rats a$$ about the Fire Recalls, just a bigger check at the end of the month.

Reactions: ohanacreek
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. I hate to hear stuff like this, seen enough of this stuff on the Polaris forums about machines burning and a few on the canam forum. Sounds to me more like dealer fault than Honda, I would think Honda would at least want to look into it even if was the dealers fault, don't want a bad job done by a dealer i.e. a machine burning to the ground and ruining product image.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!