P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Rear storage in door panels

Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Jan 1, 2022
Cove, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a “how to” video on how to turn the rear doors and body panels into fantastic storage areas. Storage has always been an issue for us and this has been a huge help. Hope it helps others. It is a fairly easy diy that is also incredibly cheap compared to many other mods.
Thanks for checking it out and good luck!
Here is the link to the push buttons I used.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The video is very helpful in seeing the fasteners in action.
In the beginning he explains that he is not the original ‘inventor’ of this concept.

Right, and I heard him say that. Lots of ideas are taken and tweaked around here, we just always try to give credit where it's due.

Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Jan 1, 2022
Cove, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw lots of videos that showed the idea and end result. Some with hinges, some without. I didn’t claim to be the inventor. I understand that must have been joeymt33. Great idea!!! Thank you very much. It has been one of the most useful, cheapest modifications I have made. Thanks for the post above.
I wasn’t trying to take anyone’s credit or upset the hondasxs police. I will try to be more adamant in specifying that I was not the “inventor” in the future, but I am not going to spend time on this site, and all others, trying to decipher who posted something first, and no one else should have to either.
Just thought it would be fun to learn to make a video and maybe useful to someone.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw lots of videos that showed the idea and end result. Some with hinges, some without. I didn’t claim to be the inventor. I understand that must have been joeymt33. Great idea!!! Thank you very much. It has been one of the most useful, cheapest modifications I have made. Thanks for the post above.
I wasn’t trying to take anyone’s credit or upset the hondasxs police. I will try to be more adamant in specifying that I was not the “inventor” in the future, but I am not going to spend time on this site, and all others, trying to decipher who posted something first, and no one else should have to either.
Just thought it would be fun to learn to make a video and maybe useful to someone.

If you choose not to research to find the first person to come up with the idea, which can be a chore, the easy way is using a disclaimer and pointing to where you heard about it. In this case, something like, "I found this idea for a storage mod on "Hondasxs.com", a great forum to learn and share about the Honda Pioneer etc." Same idea as putting a writing in quotes when you are not the author. Just considered good manners.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And…….Wala!!!
I give u the the original post and…..
the rest of the story! Hahaha

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some, like myself, dispense with the lower hinge and just use the button catch for all. I also modded things some by thinning the plastic on the back of the panel holes, so the button threads are at least even with the nut - this to minimize space between panel and machine - an oscillating multi-tool works well for this. And also add a small #2 rubber o-ring on the ball shaft to keep dirt out of the button latch mechanism.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I guess if you change a tire you have to give credit to Gurk, the cromagnon inventor of the wheel. Otherwise you’re somehow stealing his thunder.
It is a good video. Simple and informative. Let’s not make it so controversial when somebody tries to be helpful.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some, like myself, dispense with the lower hinge and just use the button catch for all. I also modded things some by thinning the plastic on the back of the panel holes, so the button threads are at least even with the nut - this to minimize space between panel and machine - an oscillating multi-tool works well for this. And also add a small #2 rubber o-ring on the ball shaft to keep dirt out of the button latch mechanism.
Yeah I didn’t see a need for the hinge either. I still need to add some weather stripping to the cuts, they are annoying and grab everything.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I guess if you change a tire you have to give credit to Gurk, the cromagnon inventor of the wheel. Otherwise you’re somehow stealing his thunder.
It is a good video. Simple and informative. Let’s not make it so controversial when somebody tries to be helpful.

Gurk neglected to post any pictures or leave any technical drawings carvings in stone. Thus, as we all well know, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! When it finally did happen, it was much later than Gurk's time. "The wheel was invented in the 4th century BC in Lower Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq), where the Sumerian people inserted rotating axles into solid discs of wood."

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gurk neglected to post any pictures or leave any technical drawings carvings in stone. Thus, as we all well know, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! When it finally did happen, it was much later than Gurk's time. "The wheel was invented in the 4th century BC in Lower Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq), where the Sumerian people inserted rotating axles into solid discs of wood."
Well this guy sure didn't give them any credit

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Sumerians saw Gurk’s cave painting (the forum of the era) and copied his idea, claiming the idea as their own. Then they started the never ending quest for wheel upgrades, while trying to plug all the air leaks in their cart.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!