Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto submitted a new resource:

Pioneer 1000 Fan/Fan Motor/Shroud replacement - Pioneer 1000 Fan/Fan Motor/Shroud replacement

This repair was performed in three hours, with two persons in the optimum conditions of a well stocked shop and a vehicle lift. Had I not had the good fortune of having @Tramguage1 to provide his shop, all the adequate tools, a lift and of course his help, it most likely would have been a full days job.

To begin with, I ordered the parts from Babbittsonline.com Here are the parts and part numbers and pricing:

View attachment 160460
STAY, FAN MOTOR
Item...

Read more about this resource...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
cough !!!! cough !!!!! Club Supporter badge!!!!!!

Reactions: TripleB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
cough !!!! cough !!!!! Club Supporter badge!!!!!!
You ok.. I can send you and @Neohio some of this if you need.
81Q1H6RNNoL SY355

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @Montecresto .... you still happy with this fan setup?.... I overheated today on tincup and my fan must have overheated also... it wouldn’t even come on on override switch..... which I leave on constantly when at two bars....don’t think fan ever comes on unless override......
anyhow.... since I was at the top I just put her in neutral and coasted most of the way down.....
just about done with this overheating issue.....
planning on tearing it down as you described and putting the best damn radiator and fan available in it.....
tired of screwing around.....
so I am thinking the spall fan.... everyone talks about em but I haven’t seen where anyone actually put one in.....

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hey @Montecresto .... you still happy with this fan setup?.... I overheated today on tincup and my fan must have overheated also... it wouldn’t even come on on override switch..... which I leave on constantly when at two bars....don’t think fan ever comes on unless override......
anyhow.... since I was at the top I just put her in neutral and coasted most of the way down.....
planning on tearing it down as you described and putting the best damn radiator and fan available in it.....
so I am thinking the spall fan.... everyone talks about em but I haven’t seen where anyone actually put one in.....
@ToddACimer had a good write up on the SPAL

Link

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So my pioneer wasn’t having the typical overheating problem that seems prevalent in the LE’s. I believe mine was damaged on the roll over participating in the search and rescue of @JACKAL 😁 and then later on that trip the fan came apart, just disintegrated as all the blades flew off. So @Tramguage1 and I just replaced the fan with an OEM fan, and retained the OEM radiator. I’ve had no problems with it since. In your case I agree with your plan for the spall fan and heavier core radiator. You might check with @Kilo427 for the custom radiator he has....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!