P500 Pioneer 500 cutting out

C

CraigC

Mar 4, 2016
Southern Utah
So I swamped my 500 about a month ago. I’ve changed the fluids in the front and rear. Didn’t think to check the fuel and had water in the gas I ran it before I realized it. Now it is cutting out like it’s starving for fuel. It seems to do it more when pulling hills or the trail gets a little more rough. If it does die it will usually start right back up. Has any one experienced this?

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
You say that you had water in the fuel, how did you resolve that issue? When I swamped my P500 I had to completely empty the tank, add new fuel, disconnect the fuel line to the FI throttle body and pump fuel into a glass bowl until no more water, then put back together.

C

CraigC

Mar 4, 2016
Southern Utah
You say that you had water in the fuel, how did you resolve that issue? When I swamped my P500 I had to completely empty the tank, add new fuel, disconnect the fuel line to the FI throttle body and pump fuel into a glass bowl until no more water, then put back together.
I siphoned the gas and water out of the tank and filled with new gas.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I swamped my 500 about a month ago. I’ve changed the fluids in the front and rear. Didn’t think to check the fuel and had water in the gas I ran it before I realized it. Now it is cutting out like it’s starving for fuel. It seems to do it more when pulling hills or the trail gets a little more rough. If it does die it will usually start right back up. Has any one experienced this?

My guess is that you either still have moisture in that tank or you have moisture in some of your electrical connectors. But could be many things.

Do u have some pics of it swamped?
#POIDH

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Try running Sea Foam in the tank…they also have a spray try it in the air box it’ll smoke but get rid of the water. I’ve been using it for years. Good Luck!

C

CraigC

Mar 4, 2016
Southern Utah
My guess is that you either still have moisture in that tank or you have moisture in some of your electrical connectors. But could be many things.

Do u have some pics of it swamped?
#POIDH
These are the only pictures I have
4117D9B5 1E9A 40A1 8A4C 269F9A71A80D
B0CB0B96 7B65 4EF3 A4E4 08715D063C19

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks like a snorkel and extended vent tubes in your future…fyi check your diffs for water, good time to replace with synthetic.
He already changed those fluids.
But you are correct about snorkeling it. Would have helped for sure

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Make sure the plug wire boot is good and clean it out and put new die electric grease in it. Also the two plugs in the voltage regulator also. Water end electronic stuff is bad sounds more like a voltage issue than a fuel problem

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I didn’t get water through air intake I’ve got it piped up under the hood with a pre filter. I am going to raise the vents for the diffs. I sucked water through the exhaust.
And prob your gas tank and radiator vent as well

Reactions: CraigC and Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Make sure the plug wire boot is good and clean it out and put new die electric grease in it. Also the two plugs in the voltage regulator also. Water end electronic stuff is bad sounds more like a voltage issue than a fuel problem
☝️ ☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️

Reactions: Buggyman
C

CraigC

Mar 4, 2016
Southern Utah
Thanks for the information guys it much appreciated. I will be checking the connections for sure. What is the best way to get the vents to better locations sos this doesn’t happen again?

Reactions: Buggyman
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the information guys it much appreciated. I will be checking the connections for sure. What is the best way to get the vents to better locations sos this doesn’t happen again?
$20-ish bucks in tube from the local auto parts store. I forget the sizes but they are posted in here somewhere. Route them underneath and zip tie the longer lines up the ROPS until you know you’ll never be that deep. Cheap and simple. You can do more cosmetically if you want of course.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!