Pioneer 500 - Factory Wheels and Tires!

D

danmac

Feb 27, 2017
B2t1k4
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Would I need spacers going with 26 x9x12 front and 26x11x12 back stock rims? Thinking mud light 2?

D

danmac

Feb 27, 2017
B2t1k4
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Gonna be tippy without them , I would, 1" will be enough. ;)
If I decided to go 27 would I go with 1.5 spacers front and back and would the 27 rub the frame I have a 18 model and would I loose to much power,I'm a quad guy so this is my first side by side and never delt with spacers before and very much appreciate your feedback thanks buddy

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What kind of tires? Are they true 27's? Do you have much added weight on the rack? Aftermarket wheels with a different offset is also an option instead of spacers. Others are running 27's and don't rub the frame.

Reactions: Chooglin
D

danmac

Feb 27, 2017
B2t1k4
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What kind of tires? Are they true 27's? Do you have much added weight on the rack? Aftermarket wheels with a different offset is also an option instead of spacers. Others are running 27's and don't rub the frame.
I have a aluminum diamond plate box on back not very heavy and was gonna go with mud light 2's didn't really want to go with new wheels,there's alot I want to do but one thing at a time prices here in Canada are just crazy lol

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Yep..
The 500 uses the same wheel as the 700. Offset specs are not posted by Honda. But the actual rim size is printed on the wheel.
Here is what we measure them out to be.
Front 12x6 with a 4.5+1.5 offset.
Rear is 12x7.5 with a 6+1.5 offset.
I have a question...if i were to get 5+2 off set wheels does this mean that i only gain 1/2'' width front each side and rear, and gain 1/2" inside the wheel...trying to figure out this offset thing to see if i need wheel spacers.. lol

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
any idea what the rear would be....

Slightly less but it depends on what width of tires you go with. Some are running same size on all four which will make the rear even skinnier. The math doesn't always work either, depending on temperature and psi, it can be a little different every time you measure it. If you plan to run 26's, then you won't need spacers as far as stability. If you go same width in rear you'll need spacers for an even track width.

Reactions: Lburou
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Slightly less but it depends on what width of tires you go with. Some are running same size on all four which will make the rear even skinnier. The math doesn't always work either, depending on temperature and psi, it can be a little different every time you measure it. If you plan to run 26's, then you won't need spacers as far as stability. If you go same width in rear you'll need spacers for an even track width.
Hey man thanks for your help ...The idea was to go all the same tire size 26 or 27 not sure yet and width is either 9 or 10 all around and use my stock rims which i have a set from my 420 rancher which i sold last year and looking to use the stock front on all 4 corners and trying to figure out if i would need spacers..and like to gain more width and not to roll over...lol...

Reactions: trigger
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I’m thinking about bighorn 2.0 in 26 or 27 x 9 all around. I have stock wheels and 1 1/2 spacers all around. Sway me one size or the other. My concerns are power loss.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I’m thinking about bighorn 2.0 in 26 or 27 x 9 all around. I have stock wheels and 1 1/2 spacers all around. Sway me one size or the other. My concerns are power loss.
this is exactly same tire and spacers i like to try...Would you know the track width with the wheels off the bike....

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Right now with the stock wheels and tires and 1 1/2” spacers both sides 51 1/4 front and 51 3/4” rear. 24 x 8 and 24 x 10 rear.
Cool thanks man...It really isn't much more track width with stock wheels and 1 1/2" spacer..wonder if we or i use 26 x 9 or 27 x 9 with stock wheels,would it bring out the width with those 1 1/2" spacers..Sorry for the question getting ready to purchase and that my first upgrade i like to do and try to get the track width to 54" and i be happy...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just checked mine, Vision Buckshot rims 4+3 offset-110, 27x9 front, 27x11 rear Journey 350s (bighorn style) 54 inches wide. No spacers, no rub. Like the traction to avoid spinning/making ruts to tread lightly on trails.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Just checked mine, Vision Buckshot rims 4+3 offset-110, 27x9 front, 27x11 rear Journey 350s (bighorn style) 54 inches wide. No spacers, no rub. Like the traction to avoid spinning/making ruts to tread lightly on trails.
Do you feel that your getting the same amount of speed with your tire set-up compare to stock wheels and tires.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That's where I'm at but with 5+2's and 1" spacers on all four. I also have the wider tires on back and I think it makes the track width pretty close. I've never bought into the same width on all four thing, I get the idea of being able to rotate but I never would anyway. Less ground contact = less traction and if the tires get that worn or uneven then somethings wrong, fix it...then get new tires! :D

Reactions: Mudder
D

danmac

Feb 27, 2017
B2t1k4
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's where I'm at but with 5+2's and 1" spacers on all four. I also have the wider tires on back and I think it makes the track width pretty close. I've never bought into the same width on all four thing, I get the idea of being able to rotate but I never would anyway. Less ground contact = less traction and if the tires get that worn or uneven then somethings wrong, fix it...then get new tires! :D
I'm thinking 26' mud light 2s I'm pretty sure there true to size so as long as I go 26x9 front 26x11 back with 1 1/2 spacers all around I should be good to go right? I have a 18 model and I'm going to use stock rims thanks guys

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm thinking 26' mud light 2s I'm pretty sure there true to size so as long as I go 26x9 front 26x11 back with 1 1/2 spacers all around I should be good to go right? I have a 18 model and I'm going to use stock rims thanks guys

You'll be good. Just remember to put thread locker on the spacer lugs, couple of bucks on the install will save you a world of hurt. ;)
And we want pics! :D

Reactions: Eltobgi
D

danmac

Feb 27, 2017
B2t1k4
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You'll be good. Just remember to put thread locker on the spacer lugs, couple of bucks on the install will save you a world of hurt. ;)
And we want pics! :D
Thanks buddy appreciate it and will post pics as soon as I get them

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!