Pioneer 500 Mileage/Range

P

paule

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Aug 3, 2014
Bailey, CO
Has anyone checked to see what type of MPG they are getting with their Pioneer 500? I just filled my first tank and forgot to write the mileage down. Looking to do some longer trips soon and wondering if I will require some spare fuel. Thanks

P

PioneeringMT

Aug 17, 2014
I have gone about 91 miles on my 500 before the fuel light started to flash. With a 4.1 gallon tank, I am packing gas even if I think it's going to be a short ride. Thanks to Honda for knowing fuel conservation, but thumbs down on a 4.1 gallon tank when I thing they could have fit at least a 6 gallon in there. I was riding in the mountains of MT at 5000 - 8500 feet, very little 5th gear trails.

Hope this helps

shakemandril

shakemandril

Jul 27, 2014
Four Corners
I finally had a chance to put my rig through its paces last weekend. I rode with around 500 pounds (2 people and gear) at elevations from 9000 to 12,800' and averaged roughly 22 mpg. I rode the machine hard to keep up with friends in a razor 4 900 and it did very well. Only found one trail where I needed 4wd and my '13 Rancher needed it also. Don't think the gas mileage is amazing but it seems decent. Overall, pretty happy with it, though I too think the tank should be at least 6 gallons. I will be picking up a rotopax soon!

N

ninjafreek

Jul 16, 2014
Maybe they were trying to keep the weight down. Hell if I know :?

B

birdman

Jul 20, 2014
I went for a 105 mile ride solo and used 2.91 gal. (36mpg) and found that when the low-fuel light started flashing it still had 1 gal. left. I have a 2 gal. rotopax but don't see much need for it as 105 miles was a long day in that thing. Overall I am pleased with the P-500 but its not perfect, I don't like the seatbelts and it would be nice to have some storage without spending $200 a little more suspension would be nice but for the cost of the vehicle it pretty nice

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My wife and I went 120 miles on limestone trails , averaged 25 miles per hour, averaged 44 mpg,

500goat

500goat

Jul 27, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone checked to see what type of MPG they are getting with their Pioneer 500? I just filled my first tank and forgot to write the mileage down. Looking to do some longer trips soon and wondering if I will require some spare fuel. Thanks
I've been getting 32 miles a gallon with the longest ride taken 127 miles. I was on fumes at that point. I have around 2500 miles on a 2016 riding at above 5000 feet and it's consistent even in four wheel drive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!