alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Alloutdoors, did you fab this rear 500 rack yourself or purchase somewhere? The one you have is very much what I'm looking for mine. thanks.
It's my own design. I started with a drop basket similar to this https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATV-UTV-...Y0joBT4Csmg6IeFrqbgTVWPtkyHG7MEhoCBGIQAvD_BwE and where the basket meets the part which clamps to the rack of an ATV I unbolted it and welded in a 12" filler piece extending the platform bringing it closer to the roll bar and worked perfectly, but I sold it with the unit a short time back.

However, I'm fabricating another, but this time using one picked up off of craigslist ($60 bucks) Koplin with drop basket/let down tailgate similar to this, ATV Rear Drop Basket Rack with Tailgate - Universal | Kolpin adding a small filler about 6" and then welding a front basket like this in front of that which I have laying around Black Widow Steel Mesh ATV Front Rack Basket If lucky, I will have it today or tomorrow to show/install :)

JohnP

JohnP

Oct 29, 2018
North Texas
Ownership

1. 500
It's my own design. I started with a drop basket similar to this https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATV-UTV-...Y0joBT4Csmg6IeFrqbgTVWPtkyHG7MEhoCBGIQAvD_BwE and where the basket meets the part which clamps to the rack of an ATV I unbolted it and welded in a 12" filler piece extending the platform bringing it closer to the roll bar and worked perfectly, but I sold it with the unit a short time back.

However, I'm fabricating another, but this time using one picked up off of craigslist ($60 bucks) Koplin with drop basket/let down tailgate similar to this, ATV Rear Drop Basket Rack with Tailgate - Universal | Kolpin adding a small filler about 6" and then welding a front basket like this in front of that which I have laying around Black Widow Steel Mesh ATV Front Rack Basket If lucky, I will have it today or tomorrow to show/install :)
Well, Done Sir! Should be fun building your next one! Thanks for the info!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
If I get this painted and installed today, I'll post some additional pictures. Shown is a Kolpin with fold down tailgate, added about 8" in the center and then mounted the front basket, all sitting flat (the added 8" and front basket with the drop being dropped behind the rack) and ready to mount on the P500, new variation of my old one....
Kolpin rack

Reactions: Chooglin
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Glad I saw this thread, and @alloutdoors nice job creating the new rack. I had a kolpin drop rack on my ATV, and I loved it. But, I had to keep the flap down unless I was using it to actually keep something in the rack because it rattled to high heaven. I probably could have found a way to remedy that, but my solution was to just keep it open.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
hope he wired up some tail and brake lights. to much weight packed in that could effect handling in some not so good ways.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
How did you fasten the rear bench to the back rack? Did you drill holes in the rack? I just bought a club car seat and am looking to accomplish the same thing.
@pwillie has not been on the forum for over 4 years. You are probably unlikely to get a response. You might try starting a thread asking "Has anyone put a rear seat on a P500". I recall a few folks have done it.

Edit: Most folks here including myself use U-bolts to attach baskets, racks, chests, and other items to the rear rack on the P5.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!