alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I have a 6.5 x 12, and it works well, but if budget permits, then I would go aluminum, lighter weight so moving around the yard easier and you don't need to worry about replacing deck boards.....

lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
If it's a 5'x8' with a tall ramp ,the fenders will hit the ramp.a little modification will make it work though.sold mine and just bought a 5'x10'.View attachment 63492
I used to have a trailer like this one, but the wire mesh as the bed kept getting low and lower till the dent was braking.
My fault, it was a 5 x 8 trailer !!!

DKEngel

DKEngel

Aug 22, 2018
Saskatoon Sask Canada
Ownership

1. 500
My Aluminum trailer they do work well. It’s 5.5’ x 10’

A805D81D 0CCE 46D0 B3B4 E53ADC28AA45

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
If you can swing aluminum, I recommend that and buy slightly larger then you need, you’ll use the extra space. I typically haul my P5 in the back of my truck, for work. But I also have a tandem axle 6.5 x 12 aluminum (size of box) with 5’ high aluminum sides and a roll top screen tarp. Previous owner had it custom made for his arborist business, took me 3 years of pestering and he finally sold it to me. It’s also a dump trailer, works great for a host of needs and a snap to haul P5 in with snow plough blade on too. It’s really overkill for the P5, but none the less tows great, is light for a 12,000 GVW trailer, love it no maintenance, no rust etc.
Cheers,
j

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I was going to buy a tandem axle trailer until I learned that in this Province I would have to pay for an inspection and "Yellow Sticker" every year; the annual cost would have been more than $200.
I ended up with a 66" x 123" galvanized trailer with a single 3500 lb axle. The $72 (CDN) plate never expires and no inspections are required.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I had a 5' x 8' trailer and due to the high rails I couldn't close the back gate ramp. I could close the ramp gate on my son's 5' x 8' but it was close and no room for hauling anything else and the rails were low enough I could open and close the doors if I wasn't fully seated in the P500. My other son has a 5' x 10'. I tried his and it was the same plus room to carry coolers. I then bought a 5' x 10' but because is built with round tubing, theirs was angle steel, I can't open or close the doors except for a few inches which I can squeeze through but it's a pain. I just bungee the door open, load it and away we go. On long trips, several hundred miles or more, I do the squeeze thing for the trip then bungee open the door while there. I have a single axle that is rated for way more than I will ever haul on it. A 6' wide trailer would have been better but I didn't want one that wide. There is a dealer here that sales a alum. trailer that you take the side rails off and they became your loading ramps. You could load it from the rear or sides. It was cool but damn pricey. I don't remember the price but it was more than I was spending. I tow with a Ford F250 SD so I can't help there.

Reactions: J80 and Dp5hunter
P

PNWGuy

I bought a Summit 10' x 6' with the raised sides for $1800. I needed a utility trailer to haul yard waste, building supplies, my pontoon boats, and the Pioneer.

It has a really ingenious design in that the back gate turns into the ramps without having that huge fold up ramp that adds a ton of air resistance.

This is a week after I bought it...

5WlSibtWRCCrh07KzQnaVw

But, since I can't leave well enough alone...

I added tie-downs in the bed, stained the bed with a darker stain, added a ladder rack to the front, then flipped the axle and added 29" tall Goodyear Wrangler AT tires so I would feel better taking it off-road...

8jTo3wPoRICCjLWaiGfqHA

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a Summit 10' x 6' with the raised sides for $1800. I needed a utility trailer to haul yard waste, building supplies, my pontoon boats, and the Pioneer.

It has a really ingenious design in that the back gate turns into the ramps without having that huge fold up ramp that adds a ton of air resistance.

View attachment 135985

I added tie-downs in the bed, stained the bed with a darker stain, added a ladder rack to the front, then flipped the axle and added 29" tall Goodyear Wrangler AT tires so I would feel better taking it off-road...

View attachment 135986

View attachment 135985

View attachment 135986
I like it. Love the gate to ramps.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have a single axle 6 x 12 Lark trailer with a 6” taller roof - Inside dimensions are 11'-4" L (13'-2" to V-nose) x 5'-8" W x 6'-6" H - Door opening is 63in W x 72-1/2in H.
My 2017 fits fine, open trailer side access door, fold in side mirrors, drive in forward, set brake, exit through passenger side and side access door of trailer..Tie down on 4 corners and your done.

I also like the “Out of sight, out of mind” concept when towing the P500, especially if you stop somewhere for the night.
Trailer1TrailerEndTrailerSide

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a single axle 6 x 12 Lark trailer with a 6” taller roof - Inside dimensions are 11'-4" L (13'-2" to V-nose) x 5'-8" W x 6'-6" H - Door opening is 63in W x 72-1/2in H.
My 2017 fits fine, open trailer side access door, fold in side mirrors, drive in forward, set brake, exit through passenger side and side access door of trailer..Tie down on 4 corners and your done.

I also like the “Out of sight, out of mind” concept when towing the P500, especially if you stop somewhere for the night.
View attachment 240524View attachment 240525View attachment 240526

Out of sight out of mind is my preference too. Basically the same trailer but 7x12 w/7' interior height. Fits perfect, you can get in and out of both doors and all the way around the machine. I put in the Cabelas straps and chocks so it sits in the same place every time.
Tied everything down and threw a baseball hat on the bench when I left RRB, 9 hr drive, had some wind and rain. Got home and opened the door, looked just like it did when I closed it and the hat was still there.

Truck and TrailerTrailer with P5Trailer with P5 2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!