Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow, your dealer sucks ass.
HA! So do some of they're tech's. A few years ago I went to the dealership I bought mine from. They had customized a P1 with SATV arms and some wheels and tires, I looked at it and went and got the owner, took him out to look at the installation, told him he needed to get it off the show room floor before someone bought it. And got killed. He looked at it and said Ow My and removed it immediately.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HA! So do some of they're tech's. A few years ago I went to the dealership I bought mine from. They had customized a P1 with SATV arms and some wheels and tires, I looked at it and went and got the owner, took him out to look at the installation, told him he needed to get it off the show room floor before someone bought it. And got killed. He looked at it and said Ow My and removed it immediately.
What was wrong with it?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What was wrong with it?
The rear was toed in on on side bad, the other side toed out bad, same with the front end. Both front and rear the camber was way off, this thing wouldn't know if it was coming or going. I was picking mine up for some kind of a recall and asked him if he would like to see a installation done pretty close to right, he did and called his head tech out to take pictures and take measurements and pulled the unit off the floor and into the shop. By the way I got almost all my SATV A arm instructions from this site, Thanks Guys!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear was toed in on on side bad, the other side toed out bad, same with the front end. Both front and rear the camber was way off, this thing wouldn't know if it was coming or going. I was picking mine up for some kind of a recall and asked him if he would like to see a installation done pretty close to right, he did and called his head tech out to take pictures and take measurements and pulled the unit off the floor and into the shop. By the way I got almost all my SATV A arm instructions from this site, Thanks Guys!
That's why I work on all my stuff. Don't trust anyone else. And I enjoy doing it

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Unlike many of these guys, I'm not mechanically inclined so I typically adhere to the guidance (owner's manual) and have the supposed experts (dealership or shop) perform the required maintenance. At the moment, without reviewing, I don't recall any particularly limiting break-in guidance from Honda. I picked up my 520 on a Thursday evening, took some time Friday to get acquainted with it Friday, then began my "break-in" phase by plowing small food plots Saturday-Monday. This didn't include any higher speeds, for certain, but did include a good deal of demand on the 520's power and maneuverability. Performed flawless then and has pretty much ever since (almost a year).

Enjoy

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello. I just bought a 2022 520. The nice salesman said to be at 60% for first 25 hours. That is a very long time in my opinion. And the Pioneer is at my vacation home, so not driven that much. It will probably take me 6 months to get 25 hours.
I read 15 miles for the Pioneer as well, which seems more tolerable.
Anyone have knowledge of the process?
We were new "parents" with ours for about 4 hours and only took it to about 30mph, nothing major. Engaged the 4WD a few times, after that road a few hours on paved roads by the kids. After about 2 more hours....let er rip. We are on about 850 hours now and no issues.

advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Your dealer service dept sucks and your salesman is an idiot. Check the fluids....oil, diffs & coolant.... because it's obvious the set up guys don't know what they're doing. Beyond that run it like you stole it if that's your thing. There's something to be said for breaking it in how you're normally going to drive. That said, Lil 906UP & I were bouncing the Talon off the rev/speed limiter when it had 3 miles on it. :cool:

W

Wparson

Feb 2, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you for the info. During the first oil change at 15 mi is there a need to change the filter as well? Or is it just an oil flush?
Yes you should. Break-in period is when most metal will be collected in the filter. You need to get it out of there or it could be reducing filter efficiency

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Avoid full throttle acceleration and top speed for first hour of operation. You probably can't hurt it regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: 906UP and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!