P1000 Pioneer height question

T

Tigtim

Oct 20, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi,
I was about to buy a 2017 pioneer 1000 5s deluxe. I went to look at it one last time and realized that it wouldn't clear my garage door. The specs say it's 76.5 inches and I can only get my door up to 75. My question is can anyone tell me how much it will lower loaded? Wondering if I have 2 adults and maybe some sandbags in it if it will clear.Or maybe can I lower the suspension easily? It will be fine once it's past the front of the door. This will be a temporary solution , I'm a welder and will eventually chop the roll bar down a few inches. Any input is greatly apreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't know this for sure but Honda probably measures it with rock hard tires... With air in the 10-12lb range is should lower enough...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Chopping the top like your thinking was very easy day project and took 4.5 inches out of ours. Keep in mind the roof panel if needed adds another 2 inches. Lowering air pressure might drop it enough if way down probably do just rears. There is no adjustment to the shocks. With the load leveling shocks they pop back up with weight added so that'll be a little tough
The back is the highest point and it'll probably clear in the front enough so maybe you could use ratchet straps to preload the rear suspension, that would be my suggestion till you can chop it.

Last edited:
T

Tigtim

Oct 20, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Chopping the top like your thinking was very easy day project and took 4.5 inches out of ours. Keep in mind the roof if needed adds another 2 inches. Lowering air pressure might drop it enough if way down probably do just rears. There is no adjustment to the shocks. With the load leveling shocks they pop back up with weight added so that'll be a little tough
The back is the highest point and it'll probably clear in the front enough so maybe you could use ratchet straps to preload the rear suspension, that would be my suggestion till you can chop it.[/QUOTE

T

Tigtim

Oct 20, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the info! Def didn't think about the roof adding 2 inches.
Chopping the top like your thinking was very easy day project and took 4.5 inches out of ours. Keep in mind the roof if needed adds another 2 inches. Lowering air pressure might drop it enough if way down probably do just rears. There is no adjustment to the shocks. With the load leveling shocks they pop back up with weight added so that'll be a little tough
The back is the highest point and it'll probably clear in the front enough so maybe you could use ratchet straps to preload the rear suspension, that would be my suggestion till you can chop it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!