Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh I hear ya dude. But I'm primitive.
We've become a little less primitive over the years but we don't need that either. And we almost always camp on a dirt road way out in no where so don't think we're yuppies because of that lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We've become a little less primitive over the years but we don't need that either. And we almost always camp on a dirt road way out in no where so don't think we're yuppies because of that lol
Oh I didn't, I've heard enough anecdotals from you to know better than that. And pkg. campgrounds with all the amenities aren't beneath us. If we're in the toy hauler, it's almost exclusively that.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm going to attempt ac just because Im asthmatic and sleep like s*** when I'm hot. Hopefully I won't need it.
Don't know if you've seen the inside of a production tear drop, but at the foot of the trailer, above where your feet would be is a cabinet, the only cabinet these tiny trailers have. On the Osprey, (which is what I'm ordering) if you order AC as an option upgrade, that's where it goes, one half or the other is consumed by it. It's essentially a window unit like you'd see in an older home. The roof hasn't a flat enough surface on it to accomadate a roof mount unit. One further draw back, another 75-100 lbs. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Stick an AC unit in it.
Besides the fact that I don't want AC on it for the various reasons I've posted these last two pages, that roof vent is custom made with a curve in it. There isn't a roof mount AC available.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Besides the fact that I don't want AC on it for the various reasons I've posted these last two pages, that roof vent is custom made with a curve in it. There isn't a roof mount AC available.

We all drive hondas here we know what to do about non availability. Make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here's a fly over of the actual campground. Anywhere in this area you can camp. It's private land free of charge backed up to Forrest. There are several good spots amongst the trees but as the drone comes back in you'll see a glimps of a camp on far right that's us. Damn near anywhere you see is rideable in the distance including the larger mountain top that's mt. Baldy. The Saint Joe river is at the bottom of this area inbetween mountain ranges.
1e7856f06eb1cac90002912c9c8ae5c3.jpg
20161208/6b7018ecbced3e1e3bc387dd24edc028.jpg[/IMG]
The large open area is fully rideable including both race tracks but kids have the right away and all the trails branch out from here. If you stay off the dirt road other then then to cross you wont get lost as all trails eventually lead back to the open area. If you follow the road at all, different story lol
The red sxs that's seen is us.
My boy was in this race they do a few races a year. We ride all of this and in fact at night we prefer the single tracks and run this course as well in the sxs, this gives a little bit of an idea of the area close by the campground
It's hard to look up so I figured you may want an idea.

advertisement