Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Kilo has the drugs. Lol. That will be my plan, stay out if the smoke as much as possible. I've gotten pretty skilled over the years at parking strategically as to avoid being right in the line of smoke.

CRAP! Our fires here are mostly pine

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Monte, I am running my factory skids. For the type of riding you and I do they are sufficient. CP has a slightly more aggressively riding style and needs skids, a 50 Cal turret mounted machine gun and a pickup truck full of a arms at disposal. I seriously doubt the PROTC will get that intense, except for maybe the end. :p

The end...lol! We can stay away from the rock sections for sure.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By then the p1k will have 5k ish miles on it. If I smoke a skid plate, I smoke a skid plate.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Factory skids do hold less heat. I sure don't feel safe with them though
I've had factory skids on my Ranger for 8 years and 5K miles, they've held up and protected me just fine. My P5 is my hard trail machine and it's got one of those million dollar indistructable skids on it, the P1K will not likely see that kind of service though. Airflow is paramount.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kilo has the drugs. Lol. That will be my plan, stay out if the smoke as much as possible. I've gotten pretty skilled over the years at parking strategically as to avoid being right in the line of smoke.
Oh s*** that's right. My apologies to both gentlemen! By all means do get with Kilo.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte, I am running my factory skids. For the type of riding you and I do they are sufficient. CP has a slightly more aggressively riding style and needs skids, a 50 Cal turret mounted machine gun and a pickup truck full of a arms at disposal. I seriously doubt the PROTC will get that intense, except for maybe the end. :p
Haha, I'll leave the tear drop at camp for that fun!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Absolutely. It's pretty safe as well
Great, nice to line up options. One thought would be to come back in a couple months with my pickup and pull them home. Did you say that you've had the P1K in the bed of a truck???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Absolutely. It's pretty safe as well
While I've got your ear, I'm wanting upper doors for the PROTC in case of rain or if we just get tired of constant wind blowing in our faces. Also, in some of the elevations that we will be passing thru, mornings can be quite chilly, even in June! Do you think that I could commission you to fabricate upper doors for mine as you did for yours? For a fee of course! I've seen the canvas ones and particularly for the money that they charge, they're s***!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
While I've got your ear, I'm wanting upper doors for the PROTC in case of rain or if we just get tired of constant wind blowing in our faces. Also, in some of the elevations that we will be passing thru, mornings can be quite chilly, even in June! Do you think that I could commission you to fabricate upper doors for mine as you did for yours? For a fee of course! I've seen the canvas ones and particularly for the money that they charge, they're s***!
Could possibly do something. Not something I want to go into production on but can look into it

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!