Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All I have done for heat remediation has been the foil. Rode around for a bit in town today, all under 20mph, no heat at all. There is a good bit of wind through the dash sometimes, I think the bristles like older console automatic car shifters had would work great.
The heat from the seat is what's killing us, not so much through the dash.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All I have done for heat remediation has been the foil. Rode around for a bit in town today, all under 20mph, no heat at all. There is a good bit of wind through the dash sometimes, I think the bristles like older console automatic car shifters had would work great.
The bristles or a rubber track on the dash gear selectors would be cool though for helping keep the cold out during winter!

J

Jshell3

I've always thought the same thing, but couldn't put it into words! Thanks for that.
Now make us some!
(Mississippi is hot, always)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, not yet. I'm thinking of just planning that as part of the trip. Just do it when we get there. Sisseton is right on the border.
Sounds a bit risky! What about crossing Wisconsin and Minnesota unlicensed? What if you don't have everything that you need when you get to Sisseton?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 40691

I do have one. What's the interest level in a "support vehicle" that meets at the stopping point each night? I've got a 42' cyclone toy hauler sleeps 10+ if I could find a driver. That could take some of the fun out of it though. I can make it to the start real easy. Haven't quite figured out how I'd get home though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is that you can so easily get to the starting point, what's your plan. And is that bumper an AM that you ordered, or did you fabricate it??

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How is that you can so easily get to the starting point, what's your plan. And is that bumper an AM that you ordered, or did you fabricate it??

I can get there real easy cause it's only about 5 hrs away. I'll probably have someone just haul me up there and drop me off. For the return it sounds like my dad and brother are willing to make the trip west to pick me up and bring me home. I think paying for them to pick me up with the toy hauler is going to be the most expensive part of the whole trip. The bumper is one that I built myself then had it powder coated.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I can get there real easy cause it's only about 5 hrs away. I'll probably have someone just haul me up there and drop me off. For the return it sounds like my dad and brother are willing to make the trip west to pick me up and bring me home. I think paying for them to pick me up with the toy hauler is going to be the most expensive part of the whole trip. The bumper is one that I built myself then had it powder coated.
Great job on the bumper!!! I'm still undecided about both ends of the trip. I can't find a box truck with a high enough door in the back to clear the P1K unless I get the super big dude that can move a whole house, not so practical or economical. I'm too far away to get anybody to take me up.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great job on the bumper!!! I'm still undecided about both ends of the trip. I can't find a box truck with a high enough door in the back to clear the P1K unless I get the super big dude that can move a whole house, not so practical or economical. I'm too far away to get anybody to take me up.

Could you get someone to take you part way? I could pick you up somewhere then we could put all our stuff on a big gooseneck and make the rest of the trip up to the start.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!