BOX1

Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Not personally but I think I can get my neighbor to loan me his. He runs a business I'll just ask him to sponsor the ride by loaning me his trailer.
How does your truck and trailer get to the end of the line, or back home?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
So I've been thinking about building my tear drop with the same wheels and tires as the Honda. What do you think about that? Then would you take one spare or two?
But what kind of axle? Honda wheels and tires would probably be fine as long as they are DOT. Mines built with a high speed axle and 205/15's because it's going to be pulled down the highway a lot after PROTC.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds a bit risky! What about crossing Wisconsin and Minnesota unlicensed? What if you don't have everything that you need when you get to Sisseton?
Wisconsin doesn't require tags because they arent technically road legal. We have designated atv routes. You will need a Wisconsin visitor sticker for your machine. And that sticker will suffice through MN where if you are a non resident you have 14 days to be there before you have to register your machine. Sisseton is just a mile or 5 past the state line on a country road. I see no reason why we couldn't just register them when we get there. As far as paperwork, I will provide a list of all required documents before the date, so if someone doesn't have what they need, that burden falls on them.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I've been thinking about building my tear drop with the same wheels and tires as the Honda. What do you think about that? Then would you take one spare or two?
Your standard trailer axle will work fine, then just purchase a set of adapters to the Honda bolt pattern and buy 2 rims that match your rims and throw tires in, your golden then. Plus it will look badass!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Wisconsin doesn't require tags because they arent technically road legal. We have designated atv routes. You will need a Wisconsin visitor sticker for your machine. And that sticker will suffice through MN where if you are a non resident you have 14 days to be there before you have to register your machine. Sisseton is just a mile or 5 past the state line on a country road. I see no reason why we couldn't just register them when we get there. As far as paperwork, I will provide a list of all required documents before the date, so if someone doesn't have what they need, that burden falls on them.
Oh Kay cap, don't get all regimental and start talking punitive now. :D:D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Your standard trailer axle will work fine, then just purchase a set of adapters to the Honda bolt pattern and buy 2 rims that match your rims and throw tires in, your golden then. Plus it will look badass!
Tires will still need to be DOT???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
When can I expect to gain possession of the documents list? I'd like to begin work on that. :)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Another thought on transportation is to put the P1K and tear drop on my 20' trailer and drive to the start and leave the truck and trailer at Mopar's house, if that's feasible, or somewhere close by that's safe and secure. Then do the PROTC and ride back to Wisconsin with Mo. :D:D:D:D:D

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another thought on transportation is to put the P1K and tear drop on my 20' trailer and drive to the start and leave the truck and trailer at Mopar's house, if that's feasible, or somewhere close by that's safe and secure. Then do the PROTC and ride back to Wisconsin with Mo. :D:D:D:D:D
We have a drop lot where I keep my big truck. Very safe and often cruised by the local pd. If you are trusting enough, I have a friend that can drive your rig back to my house from rice lake to store it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
We have a drop lot where I keep my big truck. Very safe and often cruised by the local pd. If you are trusting enough, I have a friend that can drive your rig back to my house from rice lake to store it.
If YOU have trust enough!!! :D:D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The pioneer Facebook group has several thousand members now I think... might start there. Most of those guys seem to be big mud riders but there's always someone interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like we've filled out the roster from here, if we can prevail upon Dp5 to get a P1K.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SD required documents for licensing vehicles out if state

Valid DL
SS card or foreign equivalent
Proofs of address( I'd bring 2 or 3)
Proof of ownership of vehicle( Title, reg, insurance card) all not one or the other.
Proof taxes paid in home state.

I believe that is all that's required, other than to be there in person. This is actually probably more than required, but all things you should probably have on you anyway in such a case as this.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!