Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton @moparornocar I've been on a ton of MC rides in my years and it's always a better time when there is less planning and more off the cuff riding. GPS, maps and a pocket full of money are all you need. Pull off the side of the road look at the map and say, "We are going this way!", then head off that way and enjoy the ride...:cool:
Oh I got 2 wheel mileage that'll compare to anyone (still racking it up when time allows). I like seat of the pants as well but this isn't a ride to the Smokies and back. Gonna have to look ahead at least a little bit.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, sorry to say guys. The trip planning has been released from my command. Looks like every route has been planned to include turn by turn directions including pit stops at county sheriff's office and weigh stations to make sure we are 110% legal and not exceeding the gvwr of our Pioneers. As per request I'll be passing out paper log books at the starting line. No Cheating!
I do want to say a THANK YOU to you and @Montecresto and the others for all the work and research you are doing to keep us on the legal side. It is much appreciated!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No. Stock handling characteristics and speedo accuracy
If I recall correctly mine are about 28ish tall and I love how it handles. Power slides corners like a dream at top speed. I can get you shorter ones if you like but they're still 15" rim.

Reactions: Montecresto
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I recall correctly mine are about 28ish tall and I love how it handles. Power slides corners like a dream at top speed. I can get you shorter ones if you like but they're still 15" rim.

What kind of tires are you running again?

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh I got 2 wheel mileage that'll compare to anyone (still racking it up when time allows). I like seat of the pants as well but this isn't a ride to the Smokies and back. Gonna have to look ahead at least a little bit.
Your mileage don't count 1/4 mile at a time.;) Well, you can be in the Montycrusto group, how's that?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Delton
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Your mileage don't count 1/4 mile at a time.;) Well, you can be in the Montycrusto group, how's that?:rolleyes:
This has always been a one group ride that you joined and I'd appreciate it if you'd spell my un correctly.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This has always been a one group ride that you joined and I'd appreciate it if you'd spell my un correctly.
Yes he should spell it correctly. We all joined this ride except for @moparornocar lol

Reactions: moparornocar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My fat fingers must have a mind of their own. Actually you've made several comments about my spelling in precious<see posts so you know I can't spell.:rolleyes:
Honestly my lazy butt kinda stops reading when faced with a long word. So misspelling is bad cause I'll start pronouncing it that way. I'm a victim of bad influences.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I dunno they aren't brand name but basically like a wrangler MT

That's interesting, do you have any experience with them on rocky trails by chance??

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's interesting, do you have any experience with them on rocky trails by chance??
Wellllll we don't have rocks in Iowa like you do. But I can tell you I run them at 8psi and they grip very well. I imagine you want to know the durability too..... they are basically a tire for a truck like a Chevy Colorado put on a SXS. They seem to be pretty tough. I've been really happy thus far.....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wellllll we don't have rocks in Iowa like you do. But I can tell you I run them at 8psi and they grip very well. I imagine you want to know the durability too..... they are basically a tire for a truck like a Chevy Colorado put on a SXS. They seem to be pretty tough. I've been really happy thus far.....

Oh I see. Well I bought mine for the PROTC and still have the stockers that I can put back on after that ride. Thanks

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Not federal cougaria are they?

Reactions: drfubar and Delton
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!