Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I believe that mine will be 700 lbs curb weight. And 850-900 lbs with gear.
I don't want to throw a wrench in your trip, but are you afraid of pulling that much weight that many miles what might happen with your clutches, are you considering running transmission coolers? l keep reading more and more threads about clutches going out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't want to throw a wrench in your trip, but are you afraid of pulling that much weight that many miles what might happen with your clutches, are you considering running transmission coolers? l keep reading more and more threads about clutches going out.

Once the clutches are engaged I think there is little possible slip. Its in between gears or heavy non slip low rpm that the problem occurs imo.
I had thought about it but I wouldn't do a cooler on this because it would change the oil pressures and being clutch engagement is based off that it might be a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Once the clutches are engaged I think there is little possible slip. Its in between gears or heavy non slip low rpm that the problem occurs imo.
I had thought about it but I wouldn't do a cooler on this because it would change the oil pressures and being clutch engagement is based off that it might be a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok,I think I know what you mean, on my 500 I always run 5-10 mph higher shift points than what Honda recommends, It most be working for me because I have never had a need to adjust the clutch with 2500 miles on it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok exept this mother f@#$%£s that have nothing to do in the bridge are looking out the window and f@#£g with us on deck. :mad::mad::mad:
DP5 it sounds like you were about to break so faces together!

Reactions: sharp and Dp5hunter
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Man u will definitely be putting your pioneer through some mejor endurance test on this ride. U to mopar.;)

Honda will definitely want to keep tabs on us to see just how tuff this machines really are.:cool:
I will be pulling less than half the P1K's rated weight. And everyone keeps telling me I'm driving a Honda for a reason, shrug....... Y'all are making me take a glance over at that Polaris Ranger with a frown on his face since the arrival of the new P1K. :)

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just for s***s and giggles I've been looking at something to sleep in for this ROTC and years to come so I found this little guy. this HTML class. Value is Open Road Outfitters, Motorcycle Campers and Trailers, Harley Hitches, Escapade, Time Out, Mini Mate

265lb MT. 300lb loded.
Saw a grizzly bear tear right through one of those at the Green River rendezvous back in...........oops. No, those are cute little buggers. I saw one in use at a campground, pulled behind a motorcycle. So you want to sell me your tentcot?

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When I got in last evening I parked the trailer with the new P1K some distance from the barn as I didn't want to upset my Polaris Ranger, it was near dark and I had to get on my tractor and put out round bales in the rain so no time for that. But late this morning I reluctantly let them meet! To my pleasant surprise the Polaris wasn't offended at all. He just smiled, held out his hand and in his friendly voice said, "no worries, I'll be right here holding down the ranch duties as I've done all along whenever you have to go in for your clutches"!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3