Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not to hijack the thread or take it off subject, but if its any consolation Dp5hunter, this is the level of stupid i get to deal with at work... arrived at this guys house this morning to replace his windshield. This is how i found the car. WTF...

View attachment 31180
Now that's good!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ha you like it!
That would be the understatement of the year!!!!! The P1K far exceeds my expectations. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I see that it's going to make a great ranch side kick. The squaw had my truck yesterday :eek: and I needed diesel for my tractor and some brush piles I wanted to burn, so I just loaded up my cans and headed for town. Three miles away on a county chip sealed road, my nearest town of 200 population, I drove it. I'm thinking that the 0 to 60 (yeah, I hit 60) in this is quicker than a lot of cars!!! Smooth, quiet, very much like driving a truck. Transmission is awesome. Going to install the roof and windshield today. :):):):):):):)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be the understatement of the year!!!!! The P1K far exceeds my expectations. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I see that it's going to make a great ranch side kick. The squaw had my truck yesterday :eek: and I needed diesel for my tractor and some brush piles I wanted to burn, so I just loaded up my cans and headed for town. Three miles away on a county chip sealed road, my nearest town of 200 population, I drove it. I'm thinking that the 0 to 60 (yeah, I hit 60) in this is quicker than a lot of cars!!! Smooth, quiet, very much like driving a truck. Transmission is awesome. Going to install the roof and windshield today. :):):):):):):)
I knew you'd love it! Wait til you hook a trailer to it. Truly a bad ass machine!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to be negative, but 10% doesn't sound like a sponsor!!
Agreed. I was hoping for a bit more but I'm not being greedy, I'll take what I can get and give them a bit of free advert. Just not a full body wrap. I know they are a fairly new company so they may not have resources to give away free stuff maybe?

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got some work done on the ROTC command trailer. Now has working lights and windows, also relocated the hinges so it swings open instead of up. Going shooting in the morning tomorrow then more progress tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for fully framed interior walls ready for insulation and paneling.

IMG 20170117 165215039

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very cool. :cool: Do you already have the Windows? You might need to do something to protect those lights from hanging on the trail. What kind of shooting are you doing tomorrow. Oh yeah, I got the chicken lights, neat little buggers!! Thanks again man.
No worries brother. We're going shooting diet coke 2 liters and pics of ex girlfriends. Lol. Those lights are going bye bye in favor of flush mount LED tail lights like I had on my utility trailer. I am making the windows out of plexiglass.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
Ok, that was a little dramatic, sorry. It had to be catchy. Here's what I'm after. no more than 4 brave souls that have approximately 2-3 weeks of vacation time available the beginning of June 2018, a reasonable amount of disposable income and slightly lower than average sense of self preservation.

Here is the details

1. This is a roughly 2,000 mile ride beginning in western Wisconsin, exact location TBA going to Christmas Hills campground in St. Marie's, Idaho.
2. There will be a good mix of dirt roads, atv trails, blacktop, and even a run through Yellowstone national park.
3. This will be a camping trip as well, with planned hotel stops every 2-3 days for laundry, showers etc. However I hope to make it to a campground nearly daily for at least a shower.
4. Unfortunately due to the time and sheer amount of miles to be covered, a machine capable of keeping a fairly steady 50+ mph pace at times is necessary, so I don't know if 700's can do that or not? Any input appreciated. 500's are definitely not going to cut it this trip.
5. Must be self sufficient, sleeping quarters, food, fuel, cash, etc. Of course we are all friends and will have tools to share if needed, but plan to pull your own weight.
6. And most importantly, you're going to need to have some brass to make Ben Wa jealous. This is not a trip for little girls. It's all fun and games until you get the whiny guy who forgot his gold Bond powder.

So, who is in? Due to trip mapping and lodging consideration I'd like to have a firm commitment within the next few weeks. I know I have several months of planning ahead including another trip before then.
Sounds fun. I didnt read thru the 89 pages of replies.
For that reason I am out.
It sounded fun though

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No worries brother. We're going shooting diet coke 2 liters and pics of ex girlfriends. Lol. Those lights are going bye bye in favor of flush mount LED tail lights like I had on my utility trailer. I am making the windows out of plexiglass.
Lol, sounds great. The new lights sound better too. I'll be interested in seeing what you make for windows and how you do so. Pulled my Honda wood splitter behind the Honda P1K, and got some firewood in yesterday. It's going to be a bad ass ranch buddy. Started to put the roof on today but it came with no instructions and I couldn't figure out the bracket configuration. I need to get @Tigermark to take a picture under his for me so I can see how they work. I'm going to order the directional light kit from our sponsor tomorrow.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sounds fun. I didnt read thru the 89 pages of replies.
For that reason I am out.
It sounded fun though
Read the 89 pages, get a bowl of popcorn, much of it is quite entertaining. And the side benefit, by the time you're done, you'll be in! :D

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
Read the 89 pages, get a bowl of popcorn, much of it is quite entertaining. And the side benefit, by the time you're done, you'll be in! :D
Oh Crap! By the time I am done, the ride will be over!
89 Pages for 4 riders. Yeah, okay. I am sure pot is plum full

advertisement