NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put my side arm in this on my 1000. It's not a perfect fit, but works good. View attachment 77806

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have one of these bags collecting dust. It has a plastic clip on the bottom that must be designed to clip over a bracket on a specific SxS model (guessing rzr between the seats). There is no good way to attach it to the P500 and I haven’t taken it to the sewing machine to add some decent lashing to it to make it useful yet. [HASHTAG]#aroundtoproject[/HASHTAG]

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder if something like this would work Tusk UTV Cab Pack Storage Bag Holder Black Can-Am Maverick 1000 | eBay

I’m left handed and something on the left side maybe on the door??? I know left leg room is kinda tight in the P5.
Practice shooting right handed. I'm left eye dominant and shoot left handed, except when I'm driving car/truck/UTV - trying to bend my left wrist 90 degrees to shoot through the window is too awkward and just plain uncomfortable, so I practice shooting right handed across my chest or at head level for those situations. Easy enough to switch hands if you're out of the vehicle.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Practice shooting right handed. I'm left eye dominant and shoot left handed, except when I'm driving car/truck/UTV - trying to bend my left wrist 90 degrees to shoot through the window is too awkward and just plain uncomfortable, so I practice shooting right handed across my chest or at head level for those situations. Easy enough to switch hands if you're out of the vehicle.

I do practice and train shooting with both hands. I didn’t intend for this thread to become a firearms show off or how to shoot. Lol I was just simply looking for solutions to safely store and carry your side arm in the little P5. I’ll figure out what will work best for me. Thanks for the thought

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I do practice and train shooting with both hands. I didn’t intend for this thread to become a firearms show off or how to shoot. Lol I was just simply looking for solutions to safely store and carry your side arm in the little P5. I’ll figure out what will work best for me. Thanks for the thought
Dang, sorry I offended you. Wasn't trying to tell you how to shoot, just that I understand being left handed myself. How about a magnet gun mount holder on drivers door, plenty of styles to choose from on Amazon?

Reactions: HP5NC
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trigger, that console is not diamond plate so give me your current one and built yourself a diamond plate one. I'm not cheap so I will pay the shipping.

Diamond plate might be a little rough on the arm, but if you can talk him out of his other one then I guess you win anyway. lol

Reactions: trigger
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Dang, sorry I offended you. Wasn't trying to tell you how to shoot, just that I understand being left handed myself. How about a magnet gun mount holder on drivers door, plenty of styles to choose from on Amazon?

Sorry @DaddyDubbs. I may have taken some offense this morning. Normally I’m not easily offended. Been a morning/day from He!! here at work. I do apologize and appreciate your feed back.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree those Ruger Mark 3 & 4 pistols are awesome. I can remember Dad limiting my brother and I to a brick of .22 ammo a day each after we shot five bricks one Saturday (Combo of Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester Wildcat (if memory serves)). We were shooting at my grandparents and my uncle introduced us to his "speed" loader and let us use his magazines as well (giving us 5 total instead of 2) to shoot that day. He couldn't believe how fast we could load magazines and destroy the bullseye in targets with them. Dad knew we were shooting a lot, but didn't realize how much until we asked if there was anymore ammo in the truck. The .22 ammo became part of our allowance for a summer or two at that point.

There was another time that same Uncle offered to load magazines for us until we missed. Shot almost half a brick before either of us missed outside the 10 ring and we had to load our own again. Our targets generally had an x bullseye and then 10/8/6/4/2 rings and they were all 1" rings. We scored bullseye as 25 and then the number in the corresponding ring for the rest. Rarely did anything under 235 win our "competition" rounds. If we shot less than 200 out of a single magazine we were done for the day because "if you can't hit what you are aiming at you have no business having a gun in your hand".

Good memories!

Wait, What?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My sidearm is always on ME. There are lots of excellent choices for holsters out there. Galco's paddle is one that works well. I have one for my 1911's, and another for my J-frame Smith's. If it is in the way at all, I can simply slide it towards the front and viola. Still right where it should be, and comfy.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Kenai or Man Gear Alaska chest holster. Great option, always on my body. Very comfy!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!