P1000 Polaris...

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hugh? How did he get back on the trail with busted belt? Did he have an extra belt?

Yup, I'm not sure what all they had for spare parts but they had a belt and plug kits that I know they used. They replaced it trail side and still beat me back to the hotel but we took considerably different routes. I was also travelling with a Honda Rancher that topped out at 50.

Reactions: DMZ and Smitty335
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
If I were a betting man, I wager the 1000 will be in the sport when they release the Kraken. I'm just hoping it also has a turbo and a sport clutch that happens to be interchangeable with the Pioneer.
If I were a betting man and they come out with a "sport" model some year it's going to have the I4wd and hill assist in it. It's being currently tested in the utility LE models some have now I figure.

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Sorry to butt in this thread but you guys are bringing up tuning. My buddy just bought a pioneer 1000 and the dealer told him for 200 dollars he can get it re programmed to get about 10 more mph. What is this dealer doing to gain another 10mph? Dealer told him it would run about 77-79 mph. Just wondering what this dealer is talking about.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry to butt in this thread but you guys are bringing up tuning. My buddy just bought a pioneer 1000 and the dealer told him for 200 dollars he can get it re programmed to get about 10 more mph. What is this dealer doing to gain another 10mph? Dealer told him it would run about 77-79 mph. Just wondering what this dealer is talking about.

I think the dealer is out of his mind, the trails I ride 20 mph is way too fast!

J

JTW

You need to find out more about that.. but sounds like bs. Is this something the dealer is doing?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I think they didn't know what they were talking about. I could see a couple without more power added but it is limited in many other ways as well. That limiter is a safety feature and I can only imagine the liability a dealer would face.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think they didn't know what they were talking about. I could see a couple without more power added but it is limited in many other ways as well. That limiter is a safety feature and I can only imagine the liability a dealer would face.
Aw, since made by you, Yota!

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

Nice. The whiney one I have only turns about 6000 rpm to go 50mph on stock 27's. I wish I could "program" it to run about 3500 rpm at 50mph.

Dealer must be putting some "tall tires on" and have a big tailwind with that programmer is all I can figure.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Well I don't have any more info I was just curious as to the validity. And the crazy thing is it's not the first time I've heard it from someone and they don't know each other. The dealer is mckibben Honda in Winter Haven FL. If anyone wants to find out more info. I seriously doubt it's anything besides bs from sales guy but I thought if it was real maybe one of you guys would know about it.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Well I don't have any more info I was just curious as to the validity. And the crazy thing is it's not the first time I've heard it from someone and they don't know each other. The dealer is mckibben Honda in Winter Haven FL. If anyone wants to find out more info. I seriously doubt it's anything besides bs from sales guy but I thought if it was real maybe one of you guys would know about it.

We like the info liftedpsd2010. Keep it coming. It's very interesting.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Without putting in "taller" gears AND increasing HP, that ain't happening. Too many RPMs and not enough HP. Mine seems to be geared perfectly for max HP at a given RPM. If there is no head-wind and no hills and it's not too hot, my P1K will bump the rev limiter. But only after a long while!

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I was in town at the hardware store today and walked next door to the Polaris dealer, just curious and window shopping. Man, they have some nice
I thought I saw something where some one was swapping in a few Africa Twin parts to improve performance.
I got the impression it is not a direct swap so waiting for the sport SxS might be easier (if your really, really patient).

I put the cam in when I get to ride with some friends and know what it does performance wise I will post results right now if my butt meter is right it is the BEST mod I ever did to this machine!

drifter64

drifter64

Jun 2, 2017
St George Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This whole story about the Polaris breaking a belt in first 30 miles sounds completely made up to me!

Polaris has never had any SxS with an aluminum belt cover for starters! Artic Cat has always had aluminum clutch covers though?

Belt damage is almost alway the result of poor driving- high range when it should be low range. Hell I've seen idiots smoke there belt loading it on the trailer taking delivery!

At least changing a damaged belt is only a 10min fix and only around $199.00 lesson.

Making up stories to trash another brand to make your favorite brand sound better is wrong!

I have both a P1k5 and Can-Am x3, and have put over 15,000 miles on Polaris RZR's and I can tell you without a doubt when the terrain gets really steep and super technical I always let my friends drive my belt drive machines and I take the Pioneer because it's clutches are so fragile!!!

Just speaking the truth here!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This whole story about the Polaris breaking a belt in first 30 miles sounds completely made up to me!

Polaris has never had any SxS with an aluminum belt cover for starters! Artic Cat has always had aluminum clutch covers though?

Belt damage is almost alway the result of poor driving- high range when it should be low range. Hell I've seen idiots smoke there belt loading it on the trailer taking delivery!

At least changing a damaged belt is only a 10min fix and only around $199.00 lesson.

Making up stories to trash another brand to make your favorite brand sound better is wrong!

I have both a P1k5 and Can-Am x3, and have put over 15,000 miles on Polaris RZR's and I can tell you without a doubt when the terrain gets really steep and super technical I always let my friends drive my belt drive machines and I take the Pioneer because it's clutches are so fragile!!!

Just speaking the truth here!
I feel the same way brother. The new Ranger 1000xp has a 30% larger belt and other driveline improvements. It's gonna be interesting to see how idiot-proof those are gonna be. BTW... My Ranger 570 has 7500 miles with the original belt!

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Anyone call the dealer this am? I might try to call service and ask them.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone call the dealer this am? I might try to call service and ask them.

I think it would depend on the dealer?
My local dealer supposedly has a dyno and tuning on site. I haven't laid eyes on it, so I cannot confirm or deny.

Following copy/paste from their website.
"Our Service Department is staffed by Factory Trained (Honda Certified)Technicians who are constantly being updated by the Motor Company as to the newest available parts and procedures to keep your bike running perfectly. They are also trained by Dynojet to tune bikes on our in-house Dyno®. We also work on other metric motorcycles, ATVs and scooters. So call Honda Service for more details.

Our lead Service Tech's. Will listen to you as you describe problems with your bike and then schedule an appointment to provide solutions. The credibility of our Service Department is absolutely astounding. Specializing in stock and high performance Honda®, we are equipped to make your bike suitable for you and your taste. We have top factory-trained technicians on duty during all business hours.

We honor all warranty work and favor any recalls. We accommodate any type of problem that may arise with your Honda® motorcycle in an efficient, precise, and timely manner."

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

I've seen this awhile back, and was super interested. Was even gonna get some of those sweet 01 stickers made up. I have an orange P3. Seems if they add the programmer, with the 30" tires to get the speed past 70. I've also seen where it raises the rev limiter 1000 rpms somewhere I'll see if I can't locate it. This would help get the top speed past 70 as well.

Let's hear about this Africa Twin cam...?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yeah, that sounds kind of like a crock of s***.

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!