P1000 Post your front bumper pics. I need a new one

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not sure on the emp setup but will check it out. Will also look into the bash plate. Thanks

J

JTW

I’m not sure on the emp setup but will check it out. Will also look into the bash plate. Thanks
Bash plate is easy... I really liked how the emp mounted to the frame it wasn’t going ANYWHERE!! But it was a pain in the ass to take on and off and didn’t allow for the upper a arm bolts to come out. And I left my winch lime on waaay too long because it wasn’t easily accessible. Bash plate is easy and well worth it!

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Viper mount is good setup. Pull only has about 1/2” incline with stock LE bumper. I installed the HighLifter arched arm set with winch mounted so access to those bolts aren’t an issue. 6 bolts with the impact and bumper is off without unhooking winch so that’s cool to me. This bumper was dented when I bought the Honda and I’ve made it worse but what bothers me the most is he paint flaking off of it. Wonder if it would be cheaper to have this one repaired and powder coated or buy new one and reinforce it a little.

I have the SATV frame stiffener on bottom and thought about tying into it somehow for extra support but still considering new different style bumper. Bash plate will happen if I keep this setup for sure

Reactions: JTW
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Current look. Sitting lower than I want because I just added my Fox shocks and didn’t adjust preload so I lost couple inches height. Also figured spanner wrench would have came with $1300 pair of shocks but it didn’t so one will be here first of week. Got to get my ride height set back up

389FDB80 74EA 4321 85D9 4115B6777865 AFB080DF A603 484F 940B 2C0A45467305

Reactions: JenElio and JTW
J

JTW

Looks great i like it
What is the thickness of the plastic skid up front i see im thinkin bout buyin my own uhmw and makin some better skids and a arm guards
1/2” uhmw... takes a 5x10’ piece to do a one piece and I like it but for the money and aggravation just buy the Trail Armor 1/2” skid plates... I had enough left over to do a arm guards for the SATV’s but chose not to for the easier clean up.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
1/2” uhmw... takes a 5x10’ piece to do a one piece and I like it but for the money and aggravation just buy the Trail Armor 1/2” skid plates... I had enough left over to do a arm guards for the SATV’s but chose not to for the easier clean up.

KOOL :)

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tell me if I’m crazy here guys. Thinking about trying a limit strap bolted to the frame stiffener on both sides. Can keep it on my winch hook when not in use but use it as my recovery point for low pull and direct to frame without worrying about pulling it together because it’s sandwiched in there. I’ve found a 6ply strap with chromaloy ends with well over 10,000lb rating.

Honestly I’m just trying to find something different. If it doesn’t work it’s just a wasted strap. Just want to know if I replace the bumper with another like one I can double line pull and not damage my bumper again

FE370831 FC76 44ED ABFE 0C190232419C 3503B509 D728 4D8D AC51 3E6AF09A0BD9 07BF2AED 7176 4C26 A9AE BA02998BEE2A

J

JTW

Tell me if I’m crazy here guys. Thinking about trying a limit strap bolted to the frame stiffener on both sides. Can keep it on my winch hook when not in use but use it as my recovery point for low pull and direct to frame without worrying about pulling it together because it’s sandwiched in there. I’ve found a 6ply strap with chromaloy ends with well over 10,000lb rating.

Honestly I’m just trying to find something different. If it doesn’t work it’s just a wasted strap. Just want to know if I replace the bumper with another like one I can double line pull and not damage my bumper again

View attachment 125239 View attachment 125240 View attachment 125241
Maybe I missed it but do you not have plates behind your clevis points? When I did my d rings on the front of my brush guard I bolted through the bumper and had a
2x5-6” plate behind each one with two holes for the bolts. I’ve winched thru some pretty bad stuff and never had an issue with mine.

As for the strap... it would prolly work but I’d be afraid it would hang on stuff.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have backer plate on the tabs and I mounted them as close as I could to the main bar behind bumper and they still bent my bumper in. Pics back on first page but it buckled the outside and bent in on the inside. My buddy mounted his just inside of the main bar and his did better and haven’t bent but I don’t like the way it looks because they are bunched up right beside his hawse

advertisement
J

JTW

So I went back and reread... I think you may have had issues because the bumper was already dented and stressed by the time you added the plates. I’m like you and still really like the look and profile of the brush guard and if you don’t mind the winch behind the bumper I’d buy a new one and just reinforce before install.

Maybe have a 1/4” plate cut to fit behind the bumper like so?
EB5BC290 64B5 488F 8D8E 91655D006A5A

J

JTW

I think @GlockMeister found a reasonable priced source for the brush guard?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think @GlockMeister found a reasonable priced source for the brush guard?

Sounds like a good plan. Maybe he can chime in with reasonable price on one and I can try my strap with current bumper. If works add it with new bumper and do the reinforcement before installing for extra support.

B

Bogator

Jan 11, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like the Tough Country. Saved me several times. LolView attachment 125232
Thanks for the in put. Can not find a weight on ot. Did it change the way it handles. Or pull the front down ? Thanks. I am thinking it’s the way I want to go. Any issues with heating up due to,less air flow

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the in put. Can not find a weight on ot. Did it change the way it handles. Or pull the front down ? Thanks. I am thinking it’s the way I want to go. Any issues with heating up due to,less air flow

I want to say it’s about 80lbs without a winch.

Reactions: BigOL3 and JTW
J

JTW

He’s correct.. I don’t really notice much if any of a difference in handling... I just know I really like the ease of use and it’s better for just running s*** over.

I may hate it when I get to Moab but so far so good. And most don’t ride the way we do so there’s that.

B

Bogator

Jan 11, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well we deal with long
I went with something more simplified, got tired of my approach angle being jacked.

View attachment 125362

well I like the ideal of my winch out of the water on some of the long runs we make in deeper water. And it gets rotten in Louisiana need something that can handle some abuse, we been known to get ruff. Lol. Did lots of time on recovery jobs with armor and such when I was in the guard. Want something the that can handle thinking outside the box use. I do like this form As I am starting to rig my P1000 3 LE

Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys Been thinking of getting a new number for my 2018 1000 LE. Nothing wrong with the one I have just think it’s a bit lite I WM in the woods and fields with my bike. I duck hunt and water is almost always an at knee plus deep. Been looking at the tough country deluxe number Amy one had any experience with this monster. I really like having the winch up higher and out of the water. Any draw backs to this. Want all input I am a newbie. Lol. Thanks
Love my Tough Country- built like a tank, the winch is easy to get to, and stays dry most of the time. Plus, it adds some weight to the front. I really appreciated that on some steep stuff in Moab.

IMG 1007

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!