Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190602 180400

I bought some short- 18" braided, 30k lb rated straps I'll try just wrapped around the center bar swith a shackle above the winch for a tie back point.
I had a friend make some shackle mounts to bolt or weld on the front, but I also don't like the geometry or the thin material to weld to.
So while I'm thinking, the shorter strap with a shackle or snatch block off the center bars of the bumper will work fine.
Jim

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail Gear 111295-KIT Rock Assault 6-Ply Limit Strap, 32", Sold individually for sale online

I actually did the strap to the frame stiffener because I found straps cheap on eBay. It’s ridiculously strong and is like 5/8” thick. It has worked great as a recovery or hook point and I believe there is no chance of bending anything there. I’m not crazy about the strap I had to add to hold it up but the strap is so thick the winch hook is at awkward angle if I use it to hold strap up. This way I use the winch to help friends with no issues but if I get stuck I use the strap and just unhook the bungee. I still want a new bumper and trying to decide if going back with same factory LE brush guard or aftermarket. I can’t find the stock one for under $400

00664B72 7A4B 40EA B879 6656947AAC7D B2D7E598 6F75 44BF BFCF 42E7A97B4047 C9A1E1BB E0A6 49B9 A91B 85F34AED063E

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trail Gear 111295-KIT Rock Assault 6-Ply Limit Strap, 32", Sold individually for sale online

I actually did the strap to the frame stiffener because I found straps cheap on eBay. It’s ridiculously strong and is like 5/8” thick. It has worked great as a recovery or hook point and I believe there is no chance of bending anything there. I’m not crazy about the strap I had to add to hold it up but the strap is so thick the winch hook is at awkward angle if I use it to hold strap up. This way I use the winch to help friends with no issues but if I get stuck I use the strap and just unhook the bungee. I still want a new bumper and trying to decide if going back with same factory LE brush guard or aftermarket. I can’t find the stock one for under $400

View attachment 137254 View attachment 137255 View attachment 137256
If I didn't have an LE bumper I'd get the Slasher bumper .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WI-DitchBanger
advertisement
WI-DitchBanger

WI-DitchBanger

Mar 22, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I didn't have an LE bumper I'd get the Slasher bumper .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

X2 On the Slasher Bumper... best value top mount bumper on the market for our machines. Minus a few incorrectly sized bolts of (nothing a quick run to the hardware store didn't solve) this was everything I wanted out of a bumper and more. Well worth the money and a lot more beef to it than the competition.
Photo May 25 9 43 30 AM
Photo May 25 9 43 37 AM

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do think the Slasher is the best top mount bumper available but I just don’t want my winch moved from behind the bumper now. And I love the looks of the LE brush guard just wish it was a little stronger. Just found it for less than 300 though so still may wind up going that direction. I just don’t like the added length the winch mount bumpers add

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love my Tough Country- built like a tank, the winch is easy to get to, and stays dry most of the time. Plus, it adds some weight to the front. I really appreciated that on some steep stuff in Moab.

View attachment 127551
TC is way more stout than the competition, just compare the weight of each. That added weight is a GOOD thing when climbing hills. I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WI-DitchBanger

WI-DitchBanger

Mar 22, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do think the Slasher is the best top mount bumper available but I just don’t want my winch moved from behind the bumper now. And I love the looks of the LE brush guard just wish it was a little stronger. Just found it for less than 300 though so still may wind up going that direction. I just don’t like the added length the winch mount bumpers add

I also wasn't a fan of the added length previous to install but so far I've found little to actually complain about with it mounted on. Good luck with your bumper! Let us know which way you go and some pics!

WI-DitchBanger

WI-DitchBanger

Mar 22, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TC is way more stout than the competition, just compare the weight of each. That added weight is a GOOD thing when climbing hills. I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I never have seen a TC in person yet but they do look like they are high quality in pics. Have you been able to side-by-side compare the TC vs. the Slasher? I'm really interested to know what the significant differences are that warrant the substantial price hike. Gotta be thicker steel and maybe an overall heavier duty construction?

Reactions: BigOL3
J

JTW

I never have seen a TC in person yet but they do look like they are high quality in pics. Have you been able to side-by-side compare the TC vs. the Slasher? I'm really interested to know what the significant differences are that warrant the substantial price hike. Gotta be thicker steel and maybe an overall heavier duty construction?
You pretty much nailed it... is it worth the price difference for that? Welll... that’s debatable. But it probably wouldn’t be to me at the non sale prices. However, I do love my TC bumper!

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
Does the new Warn Axen winches fit in the Slasher bumper? How wide is that opening?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I have not seen the Slasher, but seems I read somewhere about it being 30-40#. Not trying to be mean, but when it comes to strength, that can not compare to a well made 80+# bumper. Seems the shipping weight was 125# due to coming in a really well made crate.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!