Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Was in local Lowes yesterday, saw 50% clearance on 48 inch Kobalt aluminum box $89.

84BDDF03 212F 4D7D B96E B3DF9AE24A77

Last edited:
M

Michele

Jan 21, 2017
Starksboro
Ownership

1. 500
Finished up my custom box today! Constructed out of 1” thick wood, 8” tall sides, and the exact shape of the rack. Sanded every square inch of it, including rounding off all the edges to give it a smooth look. Drilled pilot holes for every single screw to prevent splitting. Then for protection/durability I covered it with 3 coats of Rustoleum truck bed liner coating. Mounted it with 4 u-bolts. It was a fun project and couldn’t have pictured it turning out any better. The only thing left for it is a small diamond plate tool box that I have on order. Will post more pics when I install that.
View attachment 70680View attachment 70681View attachment 70682

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you use or find best to sand it so smooth?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
where did you find your fender rear flares?

I think @solrus was the first to do this so that's where I got the idea. Flexy Flares, come precurved to fit the wheel wells on a truck. Have to be cut and fit and following the contours of the rear fenders was a b**** to do without having gaps or creases. It can be done though. Used black silicone to help seal them up.

Pacer Performance Products 52-170 Flexy Flares 2.25" Wide x 58" Long 2 Piece Side Surface Mount Heavy Duty Fender Flare Set

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Dp5hunter
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Like the tailgate design and latches. These are pretty handy for tie downs.

View attachment 90089

I haven’t decide if I want to use these pictured for tie down points or use I-bolts. I like these you pictured cause they down stick out all the time but my concern with them would be them clinging around on the trail when not in use.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I haven’t decide if I want to use these pictured for tie down points or use I-bolts. I like these you pictured cause they down stick out all the time but my concern with them would be them clinging around on the trail when not in use.
Don’t worry about hearing them on trail. All aspects of your machine will most certainly drown that out. I can’t hear a dam thing but my motor winding, mud sloshing and twigs when on trail.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh...I forgot about tunage! Yes, if you have a stereo like I do, that will drown out everything else thats stated above it it’s loud enough AKA @trigger :eek:

O

Outlander

Oct 6, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!