russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Hello all. I've owned ATV's and side by sides for a number of years. Currently own a 2005 Mule 3010 4X4 and a 2006 Yamaha Banshee. I have the opportunity to purchase a nice 2016 Pioneer 1000 with lots of accessories and about 200 miles on it. Been reading about some issues with said model, notably, transmission update, seat heat issue, and water intrusion from rain or washing. Any other issues I should know about? This machine comes with glass windshield, windshield wiper, winch, LED headlights, hard top, hard mid section, DOT tires on aftermarket wheels, dual batteries, heater, turn signals, horn, tagged and titled in Arizona (street legal), and has been snorkeled. Gentleman is asking 14,750.00 for it. Blue book value is less but does not reflect the accessories. Is this a fair price?

Thank you all in advance.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all. I've owned ATV's and side by sides for a number of years. Currently own a 2005 Mule 3010 4X4 and a 2006 Yamaha Banshee. I have the opportunity to purchase a nice 2016 Pioneer 1000 with lots of accessories and about 200 miles on it. Been reading about some issues with said model, notably, transmission update, seat heat issue, and water intrusion from rain or washing. Any other issues I should know about? This machine comes with glass windshield, windshield wiper, winch, LED headlights, hard top, hard mid section, DOT tires on aftermarket wheels, dual batteries, heater, turn signals, horn, tagged and titled in Arizona (street legal), and has been snorkeled. Gentleman is asking 14,750.00 for it. Blue book value is less but does not reflect the accessories. Is this a fair price?

Thank you all in advance.
That's low miles I have 3000 + with 400hrs on my 16 make sure all updates are done offer him 14 and work in between;) my2 cents

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Is the transmission update done under warranty?

Reactions: BWAF
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the muffler shield is a recall and the air box cover under the hood that’s not a recall but it has a snorkel and you need to extend the gas tank vent line and the sub transmission those 2 for sure but a lot of people extend all the vent lines that should take care of any water problems

Reactions: BWAF and russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Any other opinions of the value of this buggy? 14750.00 fair?

advertisement
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Bought it. Tagged and titled out of Arizona, also found out it has a 48 month Honda warranty. It will be tagged and titled in Florida come Monday. One possible issue it has is when you go WOT it downshifts and will not upshift. Hits the rev limiter. If you slowly accelerate it upshifts fine. Am I doing something wrong?

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought it. Tagged and titled out of Arizona, also found out it has a 48 month Honda warranty. It will be tagged and titled in Florida come Monday. One possible issue it has is when you go WOT it downshifts and will not upshift. Hits the rev limiter. If you slowly accelerate it upshifts fine. Am I doing something wrong?
Don't know on shifting but congrats

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: russknight
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has done that periodically when drag racing buddy's. Got to let off a split second for it to shift. Especially if your spinning the rear tires.

Reactions: russknight and BWAF
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine has done that periodically when drag racing buddy's. Got to let off a split second for it to shift. Especially if your spinning the rear tires.

I was on pavement when accelerating. So you can't hold it to the floor and let it shift itself?

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!