P1000 Power commander problems

C

CobraJet

May 29, 2018
Kokomo IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just took my Power commander out of the box and plugged it in and started running it with the factory tune and it has helped a lot but now when you first start it she dies then you have to keep cranking it tell she fired back up once she fires up she is fine tell you let her sit for more then 10 mins.. I've never tuned in a computer and would like some help thank you

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I just took my Power commander out of the box and plugged it in and started running it with the factory tune and it has helped a lot but now when you first start it she dies then you have to keep cranking it tell she fired back up once she fires up she is fine tell you let her sit for more then 10 mins.. I've never tuned in a computer and would like some help thank you
Might try setting the fuel table at 0% throttle to 0 instead of 6. It is 6 from 1250 rpm to 2250 rpm. It's pretty rich at 6% more fuel at idle. Think mine liked -2. Some others have been around -6.

Map

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spark plugs could be fouled. Buddy has one on his wildcat and his plugs went bad pretty quick. Until he tuned it better

C

CobraJet

May 29, 2018
Kokomo IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I'll give that a try and would the auto tune kit be worth it

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!