P500 Power for Sprayer

G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am going to mount a 40 gallon weed sprayer on my 500 this spring. Any ideas on getting power to it since the battery box is so enclosed? It would sure be nice to have an external positive post I could hook the alligator clip up to.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am going to mount a 40 gallon weed sprayer on my 500 this spring. Any ideas on getting power to it since the battery box is so enclosed? It would sure be nice to have an external positive post I could hook the alligator clip up to.

My sprayer came with a cigarette lighter plug as well as alligator clips. If I'm using my Polaris Ranger I use the alligator clips because the battery is under the hood, and if I'm using the P5 I use the cigarette lighter adapter. If yours didn't come with one you can purchase separately at Tractor Supply. If you get this one, it also has an inline on/off switch which is very handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose308
C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I also use my power sprayer plugged into the same connection from my Battery Tender Jr. I leave the connector attached permanently so I can easily attach the Battery Tender.

Reactions: Moose308 and rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I also use my power sprayer plugged into the same connection from my Battery Tender Jr. I leave the connector attached permanently so I can easily attach the Battery Tender.
Another excellent way to do it.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If your using it all the time
.....a permanent solution
....is best....not wires hanging
all over...IMO

D

Deleted member 3748

Many of us with a winch have installed battery connections under the hood. You use the 6ga winch cable to connect to something like this.

Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Cover : Sports & Outdoors

I used a circuit breaker before the Blue Sea panel and some other stuff. If you're interested, I'll post the full details.

Reactions: Montecresto
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I use battery tender hook up also.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, what I suggested in post two is to be used only if you're occassionaly strapping the sprayer on for use. If this is to be a permanent mount situation for you, then by all means hard wired, fuse protected as @PistonHonda said is the way to go.

Reactions: Moose308
G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 29371

View attachment 29371

My sprayer came with a cigarette lighter plug as well as alligator clips. If I'm using my Polaris Ranger I use the alligator clips because the battery is under the hood, and if I'm using the P5 I use the cigarette lighter adapter. If yours didn't come with one you can purchase separately at Tractor Supply. If you get this one, it also has an inline on/off switch which is very handy.

Btw, what I suggested in post two is to be used only if you're occassionaly strapping the sprayer on for use. If this is to be a permanent mount situation for you, then by all means hard wired, fuse protected as @PistonHonda said is the way to go.
Thank you. That plug should work perfectly for my occasional use.

Reactions: Montecresto
Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a permanent winch connector on the rear rack. I then made a few "accessories" for it... One is a boosting cable (Only to boost Popos...), one is a lighter plug and one is for a battery tender. I just connect the one I need. No need to got back to the battery box.... specially in winter time when it is all jammed in snow and Ice....

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

I installed a permanent winch connector on the rear rack. I then made a few "accessories" for it... One is a boosting cable (Only to boost Popos...), one is a lighter plug and one is for a battery tender. I just connect the one I need. No need to got back to the battery box.... specially in winter time when it is all jammed in snow and Ice....
Cool. Can you post some pics of it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!