P500 Power Steering?

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I have the tusk power steering from Rocky Mountain atv. Works well, think it was $498.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maddmax
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I have the tusk power steering from Rocky Mountain atv. Works well, think it was $498.

how was the install? do you a picture of it installed? THANKS A MILLON

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Whichever you choose, suggest a phone call, doesn't hurt to ask for any available forum discounts.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it worth the cost? I don’t have any problems steering mine but I’m still on stock tires right now.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
All depends really. If your on stock tires and don’t ride much, really no need. If you upgrade your tires and you trail ride, it will reduce fatigue on your arms. In my case I have a plow / bucket kit on the front end and it’s a work out with a full bucket and no power steering.

Reactions: Mudder
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All depends really. If your on stock tires and don’t ride much, really no need. If you upgrade your tires and you trail ride, it will reduce fatigue on your arms. In my case I have a plow / bucket kit on the front end and it’s a work out with a full bucket and no power steering.

Good point, I’ll have to consider it for a future upgrade.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a P500 but I can tell you once you have power steering you will wonder how you did without. Few years back when power steering was starting to become an option, I was that guy that said pshhhhhh I don't need that. Now after having on a few machines I could not imagine going back. Unless you are just not using your machine but once a month or less I would highly recommend getting power steering.

Reactions: Mudder
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a P500 but I can tell you once you have power steering you will wonder how you did without. Few years back when power steering was starting to become an option, I was that guy that said pshhhhhh I don't need that. Now after having on a few machines I could not imagine going back. Unless you are just not using your machine but once a month or less I would highly recommend getting power steering.
I just got my p5 in November, accessories are starting to add up so I’ll probably wait on power steering and use that money on other upgrades but I’ll probably have power steering before the end of the year. I think additional lighting is my next upgrade.

Reactions: infernored1000
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my p5 in November, accessories are starting to add up so I’ll probably wait on power steering and use that money on other upgrades but I’ll probably have power steering before the end of the year. I think additional lighting is my next upgrade.

I am so impressed with the P500, if Honda would just put a locker and preferably turf mode in the P500 I would buy one today

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
57EE9EB3 7F28 4CE3 AB64 B0C84AF08DA0
6995DD56 6F60 4A77 99A2 2141FCCD6F0C
I am so impressed with the P500, if Honda would just put a locker and preferably turf mode in the P500 I would buy one today
I love my P5, I was on the fence between it and a foreman, ultimately chose the P5 because I liked having a passenger seat for when my son or wife want to ride along when checking fence and feeding cattle. It’s a pretty solid machine in my opinion, haven’t needed a diff lock yet but sure it would be handy.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 61999 View attachment 62000
I love my P5, I was on the fence between it and a foreman, ultimately chose the P5 because I liked having a passenger seat for when my son or wife want to ride along when checking fence and feeding cattle. It’s a pretty solid machine in my opinion, haven’t needed a diff lock yet but sure it would be handy.

Great looking rig, I like your rear basket.
I think you definitely made the right choice over the foreman, plus you got a windshield and a roof that makes a big difference in inclement weather that you won't have on an atv.

I have just been in too many situations (few many yesrs ago lol) on a foreman that a locker would have made the difference of getting stuck and making it through, granted decent tires and winch will get you through just about anything and I would say 99% of the time I don't need a locker but it's that one time when I need it lol I really can't believe somebody has made an aftermarket locker for one yet.

Reactions: trigger
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great looking rig, I like your rear basket.
I think you definitely made the right choice over the foreman, plus you got a windshield and a roof that makes a big difference in inclement weather that you won't have on an atv.

I have just been in too many situations (few many yesrs ago lol) on a foreman that a locker would have made the difference of getting stuck and making it through, granted decent tires and winch will get you through just about anything and I would say 99% of the time I don't need a locker but it's that one time when I need it lol I really can't believe somebody has made an aftermarket locker for one yet.
I agree, I’m probably going to get doors before next winter, can’t wait to be out of the wind and cold air for sure. Winch will be a must, we use them more for working on fence and such but can’t hurt when you’re stuck.

Reactions: infernored1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!