PPEI Talon 185 RWHP tune

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got the Jackson turbo/PPEI tune with fuel pump and bigger injector build done and reliable. Erik at PPEI has been awesome through out this entire process. I haven’t had my Talon dyno’ d yet. Hopefully the dyno guys will be at the next UTV Takeover so I can get a few pulls on it. The Talons PPEI has dyno’d with this set up pull over 185 hp and 300 ft. lbs. torque. My setup actually has an even less restrictive air intake, so it may have even more power. The power and torque it produces now is mind blowing. You can stop at the bottom of any and all big dunes, take off, and be able to jump off the top! It may be time for bigger paddles! Erik said he could even give it more if I wanted, but I think this will be safe and not break any other parts as long as you drive it with common sense.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I got the Jackson turbo/PPEI tune with fuel pump and bigger injector build done and reliable. Erik at PPEI has been awesome through out this entire process. I haven’t had my Talon dyno’ d yet. Hopefully the dyno guys will be at the next UTV Takeover so I can get a few pulls on it. The Talons PPEI has dyno’d with this set up pull over 185 hp and 300 ft. lbs. torque. My setup actually has an even less restrictive air intake, so it may have even more power. The power and torque it produces now is mind blowing. You can stop at the bottom of any and all big dunes, take off, and be able to jump off the top! It may be time for bigger paddles! Erik said he could even give it more if I wanted, but I think this will be safe and not break any other parts as long as you drive it with common sense.
It's almost a year now I was wondering how things have been holding up?

Reactions: Smitty335
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
It's almost a year now I was wondering how things have been holding up?
Actually it’s been longer than that. Because of dirty oil,I smoked the Jackson turbo. I wanted to get a cool header pipe from Greg Bell and turbo from Dr Powersports, but couldn’t wait for them, so I had to bite the bullet and get another Jackson(Garret) one. It’s back together with an additional In line oil filter right out of the case on the line that feeds the turbo. It’s now pushing 18-20 pounds of boost and pulling really hard. Don’t know if I mentioned it or not previously, but I also put Crower SS valves and cam for the turbo in it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!