Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

When are you picking up your new Talon? ;)
If they offered the two seater with the jump seats in the back I would be all in. The live valve is now an option, so I’m just waiting. It just doesn’t make sense to do it with 3 kids and a wife, all of whom like to ride. And I don’t want a 4 seat with the riding we do when it just me and the guys.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
If they offered the two seater with the jump seats in the back I would be all in. The live valve is now an option, so I’m just waiting. It just doesn’t make sense to do it with 3 kids and a wife, all of whom like to ride. And I don’t want a 4 seat with the riding we do when it just me and the guys.

translation.

keep the p1k5 for the kids.

talon x2 live valve for with the guys.

B

bucktaker

Aug 3, 2017
sw ohio/ETN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any ideas of current rebates or incentatives for 2019 talon X found a place that may have a few and want to be informed..... would <15 k be possible? anyone bought a 19 X recently?

A

artc1126

Feb 24, 2020
Dunmore, PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just bought a 2020 red X for $16,499. Cheapest Ive found anywhere. Was $18,700 out the door.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know of good deals right now for 2019 Talon R's? I'm in the MI, OH, IN areas

GreenTX1000R

GreenTX1000R

May 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I picked mine up for $ 16,799 OTD but also added the 4 yr warranty

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
2000... I remember my first pipe dream! Lol
aint that the f..in truth

I'm currently looking to get back to Honda. I'm in the process of getting my ready ready to sell. I really need the suspension and comfort at my age.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
aint that the f..in truth

I'm currently looking to get back to Honda. I'm in the process of getting my ready ready to sell. I really need the suspension and comfort at my age.
As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with JTW. :oops: If ride quality is your #1 priority, the KRX might be a better choice (I won't own another CVT). I'm north of 70 and find my R rides well enough for my physical conditioning and I went in knowing that I'd be having the suspension reworked to the tune of ~$1500 (springs and valving) - I was ok with that (but hasn't been done yet). Since you're in NC, I'd guess that you ride the woods and are looking at the Talon X since it's narrower. In that case, it's important that you know the X 'is reported to' ride stiffer than the R - and the R will never be considered plush from the factory. All that to say budget for suspension work if you decide on the Talon - I love mine.

Now I have to live with agreeing with JTW. 🤫

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with JTW. :oops: If ride quality is your #1 priority, the KRX might be a better choice (I won't own another CVT). I'm north of 70 and find my R rides well enough for my physical conditioning and I went in knowing that I'd be having the suspension reworked to the tune of ~$1500 (springs and valving) - I was ok with that (but hasn't been done yet). Since you're in NC, I'd guess that you ride the woods and are looking at the Talon X since it's narrower. In that case, it's important that you know the X 'is reported to' ride stiffer than the R - and the R will never be considered plush from the factory. All that to say budget for suspension work if you decide on the Talon - I love mine.

Now I have to live with agreeing with JTW. 🤫
Yeah I read that the Kawasaki has a great ride but I'm kinda sick of having a belt. It hasn't been a big problem.I miss paddle shifting. Plus Honda quality.

J

JTW

Yeah I read that the Kawasaki has a great ride but I'm kinda sick of having a belt. It hasn't been a big problem.I miss paddle shifting. Plus Honda quality.
There’s your ride!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I luv me sum paddle shiftin'. #Rock-n-Roll :cool:

• Love
Reactions: CumminsPusher