100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see in many of the youtube videos people in their SXS racing through the forests, fields and swamps which all is very exciting and fun but, do any of you use your Pioneers to go Fossil or Rock hounding? Do you haul gear to your claim where you can Pan for Gold and Dredge in Peace, or do you use your machine to get access to areas for metal detecting old historical homesteads and lost pioneer mines? I enjoy panning, dredging and sluicing for that yellow treasure. I also am into metal detecting for relics on land and in rivers. I am hoping to utilize my machine to gain me access to otherwise difficult to reach locations. I do all of this within the laws of course, but I'm thinking that my pioneer will have other uses besides zipping through the woods and mudholes galore.
IMG 0268
IMG 6866
IMG 6626
IMG 6588
IMG 6698
IMG 0011

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have a spot I want to do this at.
There is a creek that is mostly rocks, then it turns into flat rock with a 2ft ledge up river. There is also several holes on the flat rock that are 2ft deep and other pools that will sink your rig. But rest is shallow.
I dont own any tools or I would try. looked into building a hand pump dredge a few years back but never did.
Would like to give this a try one day for sure.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Kool ..yeah I find some pretty
kool stuff....

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome.. I have got to get me a metal detector!!
Garrett AT Pro
It can be an expensive addiction too.
IMG 6567

Reactions: sharp and JTW
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But you can find cannon balls with the aid of your magnet pick staff and your Garrett AT Pro Pointer. Both Garrett's mentioned are submersible up to 10' underwater.
IMG 0003
IMG 0019

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is very interesting. Grandpa told me about a buddy of hos that treasure hunts and hos best finds are old chimneys like where that's the only thing left. People would have a loose brick that they would stash money ect especially down south during civil war era places.

advertisement
J

JTW

This is very interesting. Grandpa told me about a buddy of hos that treasure hunts and hos best finds are old chimneys like where that's the only thing left. People would have a loose brick that they would stash money ect especially down south during civil war era places.
Well that's a good tip!

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude...
I see in many of the youtube videos people in their SXS racing through the forests, fields and swamps which all is very exciting and fun but, do any of you use your Pioneers to go Fossil or Rock hounding? Do you haul gear to your claim where you can Pan for Gold and Dredge in Peace, or do you use your machine to get access to areas for metal detecting old historical homesteads and lost pioneer mines? I enjoy panning, dredging and sluicing for that yellow treasure. I also am into metal detecting for relics on land and in rivers. I am hoping to utilize my machine to gain me access to otherwise difficult to reach locations. I do all of this within the laws of course, but I'm thinking that my pioneer will have other uses besides zipping through the woods and mudholes galore.
View attachment 43368 View attachment 43373 View attachment 43374 View attachment 43375 View attachment 43376 View attachment 43377
BadAss pics....

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 43368 View attachment 43373 View attachment 43374 View attachment 43375 View attachment 43376 View attachment 43377

Awesome finds. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sharp and 100Acre
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!