Resource icon

Multi PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Did they fix this on the 2020 model? I just took a peek and it looks like the vent off the top of the tank is run into the frame.

Maybe a dumb question but wouldnt this more or less solve the problem? Or thishs always been the case and i still need to run some hose up?

Thanks in advance!
Always been at this location.
The problem is its not high enough. If the bottom of your passanger seat is under water you are walking back in the factory location.

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did they fix this on the 2020 model? I just took a peek and it looks like the vent off the top of the tank is run into the frame.

Maybe a dumb question but wouldnt this more or less solve the problem? Or thishs always been the case and i still need to run some hose up?

Thanks in advance!

That’s where it’s always been since 2016 they never changed it. Only think they did was put holes in that frame member to it can’t fill up with water

Reactions: TripleB
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New links

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered. This includes 2-3 day next day shipping. Instructions included.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seaters unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit. Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

HGJENKINS

HGJENKINS

May 24, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i went ahead and did this (honestly thinking that i would never need it - as i mostly work with my pioneer around the house...).

Fast forward a couple weeks.....

134768BC 6FF2 4707 9FB1 5E0FA2E5D69D 2AD4EFF0 B488 4CA9 A0CA FA95D9E61970

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I would extend them. On the talon the lowest ones are the font and rear Diff’s here are new links.

This kit is good for all the Honda SXS models.

When you inquire about the discount let me know if your buying for the Pioneer 500, 700 They require one less extension and fitting. So I offer those at $30 and $34 with filters

Prices below are for the kit that covers all 6 vents on the pioneer 1000 and 5 vents on the Talon.

Discounted prices are as follows. Vent kit without filters $34 with filters $38. Vent kit and heat shield package without filters $69 with filters $72. Heats shields only $35. You can send me a PM or email. You also just simply send the discounted price to my PayPal or Venmo.

My PayPal is @RossRoss Venmo is @Ross-Ross-5 last four of phone number 1790. Send me the discounted price above and email me with your address. [email protected]. I will reply with your tracking and instructions. Thanks and happy Trails!

My PayPal is [email protected] or @RossRoss

If you use PayPal. Pay it as friend / family. Not goods / services. Goods / services charges me 3.5 % fee. Once payment is made message back with your address. I will email the tracking and instructions. You will have to change the payment type from merchandise to friend / family payment. It’s set to merchandise payment by default.

Send me PM for 15% off these eBay prices with direct payment. This is the kit thousands of members have used. Includes everything needed to extend all 6 vents with black tubing. Which is hard to find. No sourcing out parts or multiple trips to the hardware. This is a new account I opened on eBay just for my vent kit and heat shields. Same seller and products as Bayouownbeer eBay account.

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered. This includes first class USPS shipping. Instructions included.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit Without filters | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seaters unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit. With filters | eBay

Last edited:
ccso280k9

ccso280k9

Nov 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2017 P700-2D my fuel tank vent hose was on top of the fuel tank. I extended it up the back of the seat to head high. I found a "U" shaped hose and attached it to the end of the vent hose so dust or trash couldn't fall in the hose. Worked out very good.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Refreshing this thread.
The images appear to be from a 1000.
Is the location the same for the 700s? Waiting to get mine back from Honda so I can't look but think this is something I should do before we hit some trails this Spring.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Refreshing this thread.
The images appear to be from a 1000.
Is the location the same for the 700s? Waiting to get mine back from Honda so I can't look but think this is something I should do before we hit some trails this Spring.
My kit is for all the Honda sxs line. I have Instructions for it. Send me PM I have the 700 kits for $25

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!