Resource icon

Multi PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL!

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’ve ran mine up behind the seat in between seat and air filter box pointing downward. Think this is a good spot? Do I need to worry about dust getting up my vent tube or is it always positive pressure coming out? Thanks guys!

Reactions: BWAF
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’ve ran mine up behind the seat in between seat and air filter box pointing downward. Think this is a good spot? Do I need to worry about dust getting up my vent tube or is it always positive pressure coming out? Thanks guys!
You can see the top of vent tube going back downward.

14CB3791 A3E3 4A88 ACD8 64E266BB5D96

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still had to google what you guys were talking about, I got it now, lol. Yeah we have them little bastards here.

I thought about running up to roof but didn’t want anything noticeable. Like a gas line zip tied up the roll cage. Lol.

Reactions: BWAF
W

wakum6

Jan 21, 2019
Mobile, AL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can anyone confirm that it is in fact 7/32” fitting and tubing? I have to order mine online and want to get it right the first time. Thanks!

Reactions: Mudwing
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
This may have been asked already & I don’t believe too far off topic but is there any harm for venting the line into the air filter box. I know automotive did in older car at least via a charcoal canister, not interested in getting that complicated. Reason I ask is my riding area is hot & I can smell the gas fumes pretty strong @ times. Only negative I can think of right now is raw/liquid gas possibly migrating up the line into the box. Thoughts.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This may have been asked already & I don’t believe too far off topic but is there any harm for venting the line into the air filter box. I know automotive did in older car at least via a charcoal canister, not interested in getting that complicated. Reason I ask is my riding area is hot & I can smell the gas fumes pretty strong @ times. Only negative I can think of right now is raw/liquid gas possibly migrating up the line into the box. Thoughts.
The vapor and/or raw fuel would cause a rich condition being vented into the intake. Cars do this, but the venting is done only under certain conditions to minimize the effect.
Vent it out in front of any windshield you may be running, as the low pressure created causes the fumes to be sucked into the cab. I ran mine up near the headlights, so the airflow would take any fumes away. Hardcore mudding may need it taken higher somewhere.

Reactions: BlueCollarGuy7007
BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
The vapor and/or raw fuel would cause a rich condition being vented into the intake. Cars do this, but the venting is done only under certain conditions to minimize the effect.
Vent it out in front of any windshield you may be running, as the low pressure created causes the fumes to be sucked into the cab. I ran mine up near the headlights, so the airflow would take any fumes away. Hardcore mudding may need it taken higher somewhere.
Good idea & thanks for the advice

Reactions: DG Rider
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have 5 seater my kit will not let off any fumes. the 5 seater required not filters

"The Original”Honda Pioneer 1000/700 Vent Extension Kit. Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

This kit is for the 3 seater includes filters because the 3 seater doesn’t have the extra roll bars that the extensions on my kit tuck into. Although you can drill 3. 1/4” holes for the extensions to go into and no filters are needed.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=113863821185&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice instructions! I did my fuel tank vent hose tonight. I haven't snorkeled it yet. Are there any other vent lines to raise to higher ground before I snorkel the air intake? The front and rear diff seem to be vented into the frame, which I would think should be fine.
youll still get water in the diffs if running ling enough under water. i check mine after big rides where im underwater alot. usually 2 or 3 good submarine rides and its time to change fluid.

this is a good write up. guess i missed it a while back. i guess i should vent my gas tank now. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
This was the very first mod I did to my 1000-5. I actually ordered the kit from @Bayourunner before I ever bought the machine. I'd suggest all new owners do the same thing.
yeah thinking about doing it. hell when i snorkeled my air box. there wasnt a snorkel on the market yet. i got the lowes special. the 1000s got all the love for aftermarket accessories.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HGJENKINS

HGJENKINS

May 24, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did they fix this on the 2020 model? I just took a peek and it looks like the vent off the top of the tank is run into the frame.

Maybe a dumb question but wouldnt this more or less solve the problem? Or thishs always been the case and i still need to run some hose up?

Thanks in advance!

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did they fix this on the 2020 model? I just took a peek and it looks like the vent off the top of the tank is run into the frame.

Maybe a dumb question but wouldnt this more or less solve the problem? Or thishs always been the case and i still need to run some hose up?

Thanks in advance!
It will suffice for short bits of time under water 5 mins or less but the frame will fill up with water and make it to the vent line basically you have to get out the water before then. My 14 is like that. Along with front and rear diffs. Granted lazy assemblers may not have plugged them into where they should go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HGJENKINS

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!