100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my camper I have a 100watt solar panel to feed the two Group 31 AGM batteries when they’re not being charged by the alternator while driving. It powers my forced air furnace, two fantastic fans, led lights and a Danfloss compressor in my 12 volt Engel 45 marine refrigerator/freezer. If I throw the AC in the emergency escape window, I must use the little Honda companion which powers my 5,000 BTU window unit just fine. I just can’t drive down the highway with the AC in the window or the genny running. Unless.....

J

JTW

Do you have an inverter for the fridge? If you do why dont you install a duplex plug for the fridge. Isolate top and bottom plug, hook the top plug to the generator and the other to the the inverter. Plug in in the top while running the gen and move to lower plug when using the inverter.
I do not... the outlets and ac, only run on shore power. The converter is for the ac power to dc to charge the trailer battery. Everything is finished and nice inside which makes it a real b**** to do any after the fact rigging. That’s my one complaint about these finished aluminum trailers. They’re build for the guy that wants to just order what he wants and lacks the time or skills to do it himself. While the fit and finish and quality is outstanding, it’s not ideal for folks like many of us who like to do s*** themselves or rig the way we want it or add along the way.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Unplug the charger or put a switch on the 110vac supply to the charger when you want to run gen when you plugged into the truck.
If you do this the batteries can charge off the truck and only the ac and fridge will run on gen.

Reactions: Tundra20
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do not... the outlets and ac, only run on shore power. The converter is for the ac power to dc to charge the trailer battery. Everything is finished and nice inside which makes it a real b**** to do any after the fact rigging. That’s my one complaint about these finished aluminum trailers. They’re build for the guy that wants to just order what he wants and lacks the time or skills to do it himself. While the fit and finish and quality is outstanding, it’s not ideal for folks like many of us who like to do s*** themselves or rig the way we want it or add along the way.

Run the generator. It’s very common to do so in the RV world even with a stand alone generator.

if your worried about back charging the truck, put a isolator on the charging wire from your 7-way round.

Your truck already has one. You can verify this by taking a voltmeter to the charging pin on your truck 7-way. I bet it’s dead when the key is off on the truck.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wouldn't take a chance on damaging the trucks electronic! With the high tech stuff they have now things could get ugly fast! Also not all generator ac outputs are equal.

Reactions: Tundra20
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
If you rig up a wheel that you can put down on the road as your rolling that could turn a generator your movement would create power and you wouldn’t be creating green house gasses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Vikes79
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you rig up a wheel that you can put down on the road as your rolling that could turn a generator your movement would create power and you wouldn’t be creating green house gasses .

The EB doesn’t need any more resistanceo_O

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You would be adding resistance to the truck there fire greenhouse gasses(unless you use the liberal math they use to justify polluting the planet with heavy metals making stupid electric cars vs carbon which trees process and store) and that just seems like methed up Rube Goldberg contraption waiting to be memed on social media.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!