R.I.P Rocmar. May you forever ride free!

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Wow I am sooo shocked and saddened to see this news today. Truly brought tears to my eyes. I never met him and never talked to him but he was my friend. I too have one of his rocks that is now a cherished memory of his kindness. Of course we all know sometimes he had a way with words hahaha but he was the best, he was rocmar! He was always soooo kind to me. He truly had such a caring, soft heart. His last message to me is witness to who he was... just a nice guy.

My prayers go out to you Mary, I could tell he loved you so and you him. Gods blessings and peace to you.

Today i say goodbye to a GOOD MAN, a PATRIOT and a FRIEND. Enjoy the sunset you are now part of Roc.... love ya

Last edited:
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 73491
With a heavy heart, it saddens me to announce the passing of a great guy and club member @rocmar.
He was an asset to the club and will be missed. Yet God has called him to ride free forever!
@rocmar suffered a heart attack while working in his backyard.

As of this post, funeral details have not been announced.
Obituary for Rocky Dean Purser | Farmington Funeral Home
Please take a moment and sign the guestbook at the above link.
RIP Rocky Purser @rocmar.

Click here to support Rocmar memorial fund organized by The Hond SxS Club - HondaSxS.com

100% of these funds support the cause.
Very sorry to hear...from a Canadian Member. Amazing how these forums get into you and people you don’t know or will never meet become significant. Rocmar was one of the first to respond to my many “newbie” questions when I bought my P500 a year ago. Responding was caring and I am thankful for his small, but significant part in my life...and many of your’s that continues. Life is precious. I join the sorrow of loss.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hell ya! We could ride his trails from his videos...and toast him at sunset listening to his music! Oh and there would be some rock crawling;)
We’d have to clean up the trails as we go and yell at punks trashing the place. Which is fun anyways

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like to give more at a slightly later date. I hope this is still up and running. I took a couple of financial hits with surgery bills and I did donate some $$ but I'd like to give more if this thread will be up for a while?

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Well, saw this sad new's yesterday and held off on commenting until I had a moment or too to think about it. I would like to think I was a contributor to this community in it's early stages. But all of it was due to the input I received by the great people that make up the members that inspired me to make the pioneer purchase to begin my build. Lately life has been so busy I haven't had much time to be the member some of you are and I regret that I haven't been more involved with the growth of this site. I admire you all who continually support each other and support it. Honda gave us something to help make are lives lived to the fullest potential, And obviously we are grateful for this awesome little machine. And I'm guilty of more than one selfless giant grin, or maybe even a thought or two of what they really really should of done different, but once again thats what really makes this machine so fun and great.

As I stated in a post long ago...
the canvas...
honda...
gave us...
to paint...
with color's...
we see fit...

Seeing the information on Rocmar yesterday Instantly brought back the all to fresh memory of my wife's heart attack two years ago. It was a completely unexpected and a life changing experience. I was fortunate, she pulled through and have her here today to keep me in line. I cherish what I took for granad. I am a blessed man every day I have her by my side.

Rocmar was a great man and I cannot say much that already hasn't been said. I took a moment and read a few of the post we interacted in together. And it gave me that same grin mentioned earlier.

We all have are own opinion's and that's what makes this site so great. My thoughts are, I will go out of my way to meet this great brother when my time to join him comes, and truly greet him with a sincere outreached hand.

To the spouse and family who miss him now, only words. But I truly know he's in a far greater place, I offer my condolences.

To the man that alway's gave me a ("Bad Ass") and made it sound even cooler than I could even imagine while reading it.

Your character will alway's be missed, never replaced, and never forgotten.

Last edited:
Tramayne

Tramayne

May 2, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I hate to hear that, our prayers go out to the friends and family. I was just wondering why he hadn't been posting.

Thank you so much.
How I Met Rocky...
Why right here on these forums.
Five months later I’m looking for warmer places to ride- N Utah is chilly in Feb-Mar.
At the end of a 25 day swing Co, S UT, AZ, & NM around 27 Feb - Mar 5

I was in the Farmington area to ride with Rocky.
When I hit town I stopped at his house and he and Mary and I visited a few hours since we’d omly talked on the forums or texted before.
While we are talking I find out Rocky’s younger brother is a good friend of my wife & myself. His little brother is Shayne Purser and I had NO clue. I was just there to ride with RocMar! I’d been friends wth Shayne for nearly 10 years. Heck, I bought my Denali Dually from Shayne. And I find his big brother down in New Mexico!?!

RIP RocMar!!!

WB

Shayne told me that story. Small world

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
@Stacy...
Good to see ya around here again. Will be in St. Maries, Id riding with Cummins Pusher and others Memorial Weekend and the one following. If there is any chance you would be interested/available to join us we'd love to have you. Let me know if so and I'll get you the particulars.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
@Stacy...
Good to see ya around here again. Will be in St. Maries, Id riding with Cummins Pusher and others Memorial Weekend and the one following. If there is any chance you would be interested/available to join us we'd love to have you. Let me know if so and I'll get you the particulars.
@Stacy...
That sounds like a good time. Shoot me a line on the details, and I will see if I can make it their. Thank you for the invite!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!