R.I.P Rocmar. May you forever ride free!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No problem. I send you a message.
But does she know every time she uses it, at walmart, at the gas station, when she calls QVC that it goes into a computer and though the internet. Anways has and always will.
Anyways, no problem with a check.
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
It's not that, I operate out of my wallet and save enough to cover the purchase and deposit it in the checking account and she can't keep up with my transactions. HA!

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking through the donation list and I am truly suprized to see some of your names on it. Thank you for putting the past behind you and being a bigger person.

Though Roc didnt get along with everyone. This community was a home for him and a place for him to kick back, relax and share in the passion of offroading.

He will be missed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking through the donation list and I am truly suprized to see some of your names on it. Thank you for putting the past behind you and being a bigger person.

Though Roc didnt get along with everyone. This community was a home for him and a place for him to kick back, relax and share in the passion of offroading.

He will be missed.

Thats how we roll!

mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500
As of this post it’s $2120 for rocmars family..... I helped all I can this week but if it’s up on Friday I will donate again...... this forum and members ARE like a family or brotherhood..... I never met Rocky but I my girlfriend asked what was wrong with me the other day I told her about Rocmar. She asked was he one of your friends I said I never met him but he would crack me up the .... way..... he .....typed..... and didn’t beat around the bush. I kind of feel I know something about a lot of you and when you give your help and knowledge to some of us asking dumb questions or questions that have been asked 100 times I really appreciate y’all. When I see what you do to help someone, it makes me proud. You should be proud of yourselves. Just good people, maybe not perfect but good people. Thank you all.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've don't think I've seen anyone mention it, so as this is hitting close to home with me, I'll bring it up. Guys, if you're over 40, you should really think about getting a heart health check up if you haven't already... definitely if you're over 45. I know there's a place in Little Rock, AR that does it for I think $99 and I had one here in OKC for $50. They'll do a CT of your heart and will let you know if there are blockages/dangers that you may have not been aware of. Most larger hospitals offer this and those are flat prices - nothing to do with insurance or anything.

Some of the guys at the Mulberry Mtn ride knew the reason we didn't make it to the takeover was because my wife's dad was supposed to have open heart surgery around the same time. He lost his brother back in his early 60's due to the widowmaker blockage. My wife's dad also had that same blockage and they put in stints, just in time. All the men on her dad's side died early from heart attacks. Her dad is actually the longest living male in that line as far back as she can find through ancestry.com now. Unfortunately, we found out the day before we were going to head out to North Carolina that his lungs weren't strong enough to have this recent surgery so he's still waiting (starting to get blockages again), but his lungs are getting better now so the surgery should be happening very soon. During the time we're dealing with her dad, I find out my dad had to have a stint put in because he had a blockage in one artery as well.

Doesn't matter how healthy you think you are, everyone should seriously consider getting checked out... do it for your family, for yourself... hell, do it to keep on riding! Something to think about...

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've don't think I've seen anyone mention it, so as this is hitting close to home with me, I'll bring it up. Guys, if you're over 40, you should really think about getting a heart health check up if you haven't already... definitely if you're over 45. I know there's a place in Little Rock, AR that does it for I think $99 and I had one here in OKC for $50. They'll do a CT of your heart and will let you know if there are blockages/dangers that you may have not been aware of. Most larger hospitals offer this and those are flat prices - nothing to do with insurance or anything.

Some of the guys at the Mulberry Mtn ride knew the reason we didn't make it to the takeover was because my wife's dad was supposed to have open heart surgery around the same time. He lost his brother back in his early 60's due to the widowmaker blockage. My wife's dad also had that same blockage and they put in stints, just in time. All the men on her dad's side died early from heart attacks. Her dad is actually the longest living male in that line as far back as she can find through ancestry.com now. Unfortunately, we found out the day before we were going to head out to North Carolina that his lungs weren't strong enough to have this recent surgery so he's still waiting (starting to get blockages again), but his lungs are getting better now so the surgery should be happening very soon. During the time we're dealing with her dad, I find out my dad had to have a stint put in because he had a blockage in one artery as well.

Doesn't matter how healthy you think you are, everyone should seriously consider getting checked out... do it for your family, for yourself... hell, do it to keep on riding! Something to think about...

Good notes. I have a cholesterol issue I’ve fought my entire life so I go get checked every 6 months. I will be doing the heart check up also. Too much to live for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

And have the colon scoped!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And have the colon scoped!
Funny/stupid colon scope story from last year, went in, they were about to knock me out and I decided to watch the monitor instead of just closing my eyes, the monitor had a series of dots on a black screen, when I went out, I thought I went into hyper drive ( Star Wars ) Came out of the procedure room screaming like Chewbacca, Nurse said I rode a dirt bike during the whole procedure with sound effects, drank a big glass of butter milk that I brought, I was starving and left. I think my wife is going to hire a driver for my next exam!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm not trying to scare any of you, but a heart attack can happen to any one, you don't have to be over weight, you don't have to have a family history, you don't have to have high blood pressure ,you don't have to have high cholesterol, all of these are good for me, but I still had a heart attack in 2010 and again last September,I have three stents,I never had any chest pains, my symptoms were tightness in my jaws when I did strenuous activities for my first one and shortness of breath when l did simple task for my second one.If any of you get a feeling that something just doesn't seem right get yourself checked out, it will be worth the piece of mind!!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Though Roc didnt get along with everyone.

Roc had some redeeming qualities.
Might of got off on the wrong foot with some.
But his "turn around" @JTW video was a classic.

I didn't know about the petrified wood until last week.
I grew up collecting that kind of stuff, seeing petroglyphs, plaster cast of a dinosaur foot print.
But I realize growing up in the mid west is diffrent.
Several have mentioned getting some petrified wood but I think it was Mudder talked about showing his kids.
Getting some ones kids involved is just plain good citizenship in my book.

Roc was stand out enough I always thought I would hit him up to ride if I was passing threw New Mexico with a SxS.
His passing makes me realize I need to ride more (out west).

God speed Roc, my prayers are with your family.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning Honda SxS gang. This just popped up on my notices. I’m so sorry to hear the sad news. Yes 58 is too young. So blessed to have this club for all of us.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!