P500 Radials vs Bias

S

Sledge

Some say radials improve ride.

I'm not too concerned about a plush ride. Now handling, traction, tire life, steering ease/precision--those things interest me.

I suspect it's hard to single out any one aspect of tire construction as it relates to performance, but to the extent that it is possible, I'd like to hear about it.

All else equal, how do radials and bias-ply tires compare?

Joe

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I bought 14" radials for better handling on gravel/paved roads, along with an aggressive tread for trail riding. I was concerned as much with lateral "roll", as I was with improved tire wear on the roads. I knew this would be my (and my wife's) main transportation, so I wanted to make it handle like an automobile as much as I could. My wife's learning curve was shortened drastically by doing so, and I have been pleased with the results. I also went "the same size all-around", as you were asking about in another thread. I have no regrets, and plan to keep running this setup for the life of my rig.

Reactions: Sledge
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Some say radials improve ride.

I'm not too concerned about a plush ride. Now handling, traction, tire life, steering ease/precision--those things interest me.

I suspect it's hard to single out any one aspect of tire construction as it relates to performance, but to the extent that it is possible, I'd like to hear about it.

All else equal, how do radials and bias-ply tires compare?

Joe

I feel depends on the terrain
you ride on...

Reactions: Sledge
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
in my opinion radials are superior in everyway possible they get better traction ride smoother last longer steer easier flex better over obstacles they cost more but are worth it i sure like my pitbulls

Reactions: Sledge and 500oneer
S

Sledge

in my opinion radials are superior in everyway possible they get better traction ride smoother last longer steer easier flex better over obstacles they cost more but are worth it i sure like my pitbulls
Thanks all. I think I'll go ahead and spend the extra ~$200 on radials. Once it's done, I'll never give it another thought.

Joe

Reactions: 500oneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!