P500 Rain Rain Go Away

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Very cool , that's alot of rain !
We are in the midst of a temporary reprieve. But it's supposed to start raining cats and dogs again after midnight tonight. Couple more inches expected by Sunday morning.

C

Chooglin

We are in the midst of a temporary reprieve. But it's supposed to start raining cats and dogs again after midnight tonight. Couple more inches expected by Sunday morning.
I hope your home is in no danger , stay safe!

We're getting a good bit of rain also but not like that!

Reactions: Derail
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Yep that horn is sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A view of my shack from 500 feet up

DJI 0009

Last edited:
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My next door neighbors place. Our narrow little valley is saturated. The creek can't seem to get all this water down to the river quick enough. But if the forecast holds true we should be fine. I've seen worse.

DJI 0010

advertisement
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
A view of my shack from 500 feet up View attachment 66021

I assume you are getting more over the next 24-48 hours, because it is hitting me soon, headed that general direction. It must be difficult to rest at night having water that close to the house....

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
When the horn went off, I was waiting to see it fly over the water, LOL
That would have been fun but I gotta be careful in water like that. You never know what kind of stuff might have gotten washed up and is hiding just below the surface. In the Great Flood Of '97 I sat on my front porch and saw animals swimming around that had gotten washed out of their dens. And this is a true story...during that flood was sitting on my porch and saw a porcelain toilet floating/bouncing down the creek very rapidly across the road from my shack. You never know what you're gonna see when the water gets up.

Reactions: Plumber32
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I assume you are getting more over the next 24-48 hours, because it is hitting me soon, headed that general direction. It must be difficult to rest at night having water that close to the house....
It didn't quite get up to my shack in the Great Flood Of '97 so I think we should be good as long as the current forecast holds true.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It didn't quite get up to my shack in the Great Flood Of '97 so I think we should be good as long as the current forecast holds true.
I wish you and yours the best, i.e., no water in the house....

Reactions: MSmillie
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Been there, ..before the P500. 12/27/15. So sorry for anyone with a flooded house. I was fortunate.

632E167E 35F5 4593 A27F 8AE06C0EC5F5

Last edited:
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Come Again Some Other Day

Hope things are still going well for you. We are expecting anywhere between 1-5" tomorrow, yikes....

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4

I have friends and family along the Ohio river on both sides, mainly New Richmond OH and Augusta KY with some scattered between. '97 was bad but this one may end up being worse imo. They were calling for the river to crest Tuesday but showing rain weds-thurs last I checked.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have friends and family along the Ohio river on both sides, mainly New Richmond OH and Augusta KY with some scattered between. '97 was bad but this one may end up being worse imo. They were calling for the river to crest Tuesday but showing rain weds-thurs last I checked.
Yesterday was not too bad for us but it’s not over yet. I’m pretty confident looking at the forecast that we will be ok. New Richmond and everyone else close to the river have it a lot worse than us. I’m about 20 miles north of the river. Brush Creek is just across the road from my house. We experience flash flooding on a regular basis but it has never got in my house or garage. I’m definitely keeping a close eye on the forecast.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!