Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an update.
I want to say thanks to Neohio my dealer was no help they wanted to order a 600 some-odd dollar wiring harness for the whole thing but because of you I was able to find the CBR 650 injector wiring harness on eBay for 11 bucks just got it put on a day everything seems to run great I greatly appreciate the information

C

Chooglin

Just an update.
I want to say thanks to Neohio my dealer was no help they wanted to order a 600 some-odd dollar wiring harness for the whole thing but because of you I was able to find the CBR 650 injector wiring harness on eBay for 11 bucks just got it put on a day everything seems to run great I greatly appreciate the information
This is a fine example why this forum is so great !.......... @Neohio , @Wiggins owes you a beer......lol

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Faneffingtastic! I know it sucks being down and waiting on parts, but you would have stripped 1/2 your machine apart to install their harness. Good to see you back up and running though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just an update.
We used to have a really cool electrical supply here, I believe the connector is called a molex connector. Could buy the male and female molex pins and the tools to remove and install them in the same connector, no need to buy the whole connector. Had a back injury several years ago, sold my plumbing company, went to work for a company that had 13 car washes, to give my back time to heal, we had lots of molex connectors.

Reactions: Wiggins
Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of time and money saved I went ahead and got the life time membership on here has already saved me like 10 times the money on this one problem glad for this site and all these guys

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lots of time and money saved I went ahead and got the life time membership on here has already saved me like 10 times the money on this one problem glad for this site and all these guys
Really? Has cost me a bundle, learning about all the up grades! HA!

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Drtbike028

Jun 28, 2018
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Little lat on the post but I had similar problems starting last April on my p1k. Started with engine running but soon as I selected a gear it would stall ... dealer told me throttle body was clogged amd wasnt getting enough fuel mix two weeks later happened again .. but of course doesn't do it for the dealer .. next time they told me my clutch were gone and a solenoid caused the issue. Road if for a day or two and engine started to make sounds .. of course didn't do it for the dealer mechanic drove it around the lot and finally started knocking again .. turns out it spun crank bearings ... end of summer I get it back finally... I've been worried about using it to much so It goes around the lawn and property ... today going down the road stalled and failed to start again .... any body else having issues if so what did honda do for you

Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little lat on the post but I had similar problems starting last April on my p1k. Started with engine running but soon as I selected a gear it would stall ... dealer told me throttle body was clogged amd wasnt getting enough fuel mix two weeks later happened again .. but of course doesn't do it for the dealer .. next time they told me my clutch were gone and a solenoid caused the issue. Road if for a day or two and engine started to make sounds .. of course didn't do it for the dealer mechanic drove it around the lot and finally started knocking again .. turns out it spun crank bearings ... end of summer I get it back finally... I've been worried about using it to much so It goes around the lawn and property ... today going down the road stalled and failed to start again .... any body else having issues if so what did honda do for you
And it's been running fine till today?since the crank problems were fixed.

D

Drtbike028

Jun 28, 2018
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand

yeah but I haven't put a ton on miles on it. The machine has a little over 1000 miles

D

Drtbike028

Jun 28, 2018
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Little more back story Wiggins the rEason the crank bearings when was when the solenoid went it smoked the clutch which left particles in the oil line which are injected into the bearings since honda uses the same oil for everything ....terrible design on there part

M

mike h

Mar 10, 2021
Dallas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks I'll keep my phone handy
where did you get a new connector, was it very difficulted to fix. what all did you have to take apart. Honda place wants $1600 to fix. Thanks for any help you can provide.

M

mike h

Mar 10, 2021
Dallas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where did you get a new connector, was it very difficulted to fix. what all did you have to take apart. Honda place wants $1600 to fix. Thanks for any help you can provide.
This was in regards to the injector connector issue.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Is that injector harness flexing in normal driving? I've seen this wiring harness issue discussed several times. Is there a known cause and solution?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
J

JimB1055

Nov 20, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is my rear injector harness. It lasted 1000 miles. There is no support for the wires and they sit there and shake when the engine is running. Poor job on Honda's part. The wires can look like they are fine but can be broken inside the insulation. Mine fell apart after removal. Oddly, my 1000 would stall when going up a slight incline making me think is was a water in the fuel tank problem. It was not. The new pigtails were bought off Amazon for 25 bucks and have support all the way out to the connector. I hope this will help someone.
IMG 4181

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!